smileys-winken-550329.gif 5.09KB 1 downloads
Hi, among all those big rigs on the shelf a medium-size truck makes a nice contrast.
I used the well-known Monogram F-1 pickup and the AMT C-600 as a basis. Originally intended as a quick change of pace between two larger projects this build turned out to be rather time-consuming:
- Numerous modifications were necessary to adjust the modern C-600 chassis
- The cab fenders had to be widened and the wheel openings had to be adjusted.
- Because of the wider fenders I had to make a new grille
- Running boards and bumper were different from the pickup and had to be replaced by self-made parts
- The contemporary steel spoke wheels had to be scratchbuilt
- The making of the oval milk tank required some pondering
If you suffer from lactose intolerance you might prefer the conversion of an F-100 pickup into a 1955 F-800 Mobiloil-Mobilgas tanker I am going to show later.
smileys-winken-671504.gif 14.03KB 0 downloads