after i found the wip from Niko aka "W-409" and some problems with the weathering of the decals in the Questions&Answers-section, he (Niko) gave me the impulse, to start my first wip here.
please be patient with me - it is not as easy to write a wip in your language than give some statements in the galeries.
I started this built in june this year. Similar i built the civilian 300 to see the different between "new and shiny showroom" and "old and rusty barnfind". some pictures in the upcoming progress will show the differnet too.
I will try to show you some detailwork on the engine, because it will be incompleted.
My goal is to have a classic barnfind, that parked after towing out of the barn long time ago in the heat of the sun, rubbed the paint and gave him a beautiful patina without rusty holes or something like that. Also the interior would be most in good condition.
Here we start.
After i annoys me to remove the sprues...
I followed the instructions, so i completed the engine and painted it silver out of a can (like all paintjobs)...
...completed the rear from the interior and painted it in a light sand color...
the same way, i painted all parts gloss black...
...and the bottom mat black (obove in the picture):
that was the fast beginning.
those mat parts on the frame (it is painted gloss black) are silicone residues - thats why i layed all the parts in siliconeremover...
...after the first spray-can-day.
Normally, i dont clean up the parts before painting. I never had those phenomen...perhaps while i'm building old kits and silicone is all gone. I don't know. In this built, it is a nice touch and doesn't matter.
As i started the civilian 300 i was smarter and washed all parts before lay my hand on it - because it must be "new".
Thats it for the start. Thanks for attetion
Edited by Dominik, 24 November 2013 - 12:21 AM.