#1 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Some interesting pairings from Comp Eliminator at the Lucas Oil Division 6 race Friday, August 16, 2013.

A pair of Altered class cars. The H/A 92 Camaro is Jim Warter. 

lwsc.jpg

The VW powered G/Dragster of Brian Hyerstay and The F/Super Modified Automatic Cobalt of Justin Lamb.

u6pi.jpg

Super Modified Automatics of Jeff Lane, North Bend Washington and Doug Lambeck of Northridge California.

j9dr.jpg

Dale Giroux of Alberta Canada backs his B/Altered Automatic Cavalier (500 cid big block) up against Scott Parks, Burlingame, Kansas Nostalgia Dragster.

j9zv.jpg

I'll post more during the week. There was a Division 6 race Thurs (rain)-Fri and a Regional race including cars from Division 7 Sat-Sun

Dale

Edited by ScaleDale, 23 August 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#2 PappyD340

PappyD340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Full Name:Larry Dailey

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Some great inspiration there Dale!! NICE! :D 

#3 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Some "Door Cars" from Saturday at the Lucas Oil Regional and Divisional races. Pacific Raceway, Kent, Washington.

Super Street

mkmn.jpg

6xy3.jpg

A pair in Comp Eliminator. A C/Super Modified Automatic with a cool hood scoop and a modern day Altered with an Old School snorkle.

ps0g.jpg

Super Street Nova.

1n5h.jpg

From the GT section of Super Stock. Any engine ever made for a car may be used as long as it's from the same manufacturer. SS/GT has become the modern day hot rod.

fu56.jpg

Yes, that's a Porsche. No, I really doubt it has anything other than American HP under the hood. Running in Super Gas.

fy49.jpg

Dragsters and bikes up next!

Dale

#4 Dragfreak

Dragfreak

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Brunelle

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Very cool my dad used to race a butternut yellow 68 Chevelle wagon there in te early 2000's

#5 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Very cool my dad used to race a butternut yellow 68 Chevelle wagon there in te early 2000's

Then he probably tangled with the Lang brothers. I think mom Lang was racing then, too. They still run a wagon in stock.

There were a whole lot of Oregon cars here for the Division 6 part of this race. Lots of winners, too. Oregon is one of my favorite places to visit for camping and travel.

Dale

Edited by ScaleDale, 22 August 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#6 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Part three. Dragsters and Top fuel Harleys

Duane Shields in the Peak Oil top Alcohol Dragster.

2tqu.jpg

Chris Demke with the winning OSI T/AD. Alcohol is a bit misleading for this class of competition. The injected cars like the Peak machine are allowed to run nitro while the supercharged cars must run alcohol. If you watch these cars run on TV, you see the crew spray stuff in the blower hats of the supercharged cars. That's some sort of antifreeze as the methanol gets so cold that it will freeze the fuel system.

pnpa.jpg

Tommy Grimes  does his burn to the line in Top Fuel Harley. He was the winner with a run of 6.19 at 242 mph. One of the quickest runs by a bike ever.

zcih.jpg

u0i4.jpg

Funny Cars up next.

Dale