250 replies to this topic

#21 58 Impala

58 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

At least twice a month with the 40% coupon on my I phone. They have a really good selection of current kits. In the last several months I've purchased 2 Paasche H air brushes ($95) - 1 for $53 and the other with a gift card from my son plus the 40% I got one for around $25.

#22 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

There used to be a hobby shop here in town called Gorden's Hobby Lobby. I followed it around as they moved from one shopping center to another. This was a great family, Mom and Pop and kids (three brothers I think) place. Finally the last move Dad died, kids took over and "Hobby Lobby" moved in and bought em out. How often do I go to Hobby Lobby ? maybe once a month, dang I forgot my coupon. :lol: They usually have "same 'ol, same 'ol. :P  I watch the board here to find out when they change the shelves. :D

#23 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

There used to be a hobby shop here in town called Gorden's Hobby Lobby. I followed it around as they moved from one shopping center to another. This was a great family, Mom and Pop and kids (three brothers I think) place. Finally the last move Dad died, kids took over and "Hobby Lobby" moved in and bought em out. How often do I go to Hobby Lobby ? maybe once a month, dang I forgot my coupon. :lol: They usually have "same 'ol, same 'ol. :P  I watch the board here to find out when they change the shelves. :D

Brings back some memory's,  my dad would take me there every weekend, I cant remember the guys name, but he had curly hair and wore glasses , but he always treated us very nice.   Gorden's Hobby Lobby was the second name after it moved, and the reason why it was changed, was because of the chain Hobby Lobby coming to the valley, so they bought the rights to the name so they could open their stores here, well thats what I was told after the name change

Edit- I visited Hobby Lobby today, and will go back tomorrow

Edited by martinfan5, 21 August 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#24 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,299 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

I go about twice a month. There kit line has not been changing and none of the newer kits since the 57 ford has showed up at the one in my area. l live 28 miles from mine...

#25 tabsscale1

tabsscale1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Full Name:Todd Buckles

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Go to Hobby Lobby at Least once a week always take my 40% off coupon. Just got the David Staey kit this week. Have spots for new kits coming in. It is nice that they have been getting the newer releases in used to be all they had was the same old same old.

#26 philo426

philo426

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I cut out the coupon every week and try to visit weekly if time allows.

#27 dantewallace

dantewallace

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Full Name:dante dwayne wallace

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

.  Earlier this spring I bought two car guy iems. They are stacks of tires that are supposed to be pen/pencil holders.  I find them great for paint brushes and atmosphere.

I have seen those there. I like them allot and thought of using them for the same thing but thought that my brushes may be to long to stay upright inside them.

#28 dantewallace

dantewallace

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Probably about once a month.  Depends on what I need, or if I have a coupon burning a hole in my pocket.  Last thing I got from there was a 70 Plymouth Road Runner for about $12.  They have great clearance sales.  :)

I got an AMT 71  charger from them yesterday for the same price. I couldn't believe how many kits were on clearance. I thought it was odd that the shelves were pretty bare a day after I had already been there,turns out they moved all of the clearance kits into a center isle and didn't refill the empty spots that they had left. Hopefully that section isn't downsizing and will instead be filled back up with all new kits. I am excited!!

#29 clovis

clovis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Jackson

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hobby Lobby has been a lifesaver while trying to build up my supplies and on a budget.

Those 40% coupons are just fantastic!!!

We don't shop there very often, mostly due to the distance and all the traffic in the area, but HL is at the top of my list when I need something. .

Edited by clovis, 21 August 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#30 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Never, and there are two of them about 5 miles in either direction North, and South.

#31 Johnny K

Johnny K

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Full Name:Johnny Knight

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

On average, twice a week.  The Hobby Lobby near me usually gets kits in on Thursdays, mostly in quantities of 2 each.  There's a couple particular kits I buy regularly - usually manage to get at least one each weekly.

#32 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy Jon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

NEVER!!!

....we don't have Hobby Lobby in Canada!  :D

#33 DrewCfromSC

DrewCfromSC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Full Name:Drew Christiansen

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

im fortunate to have one between home and work, so I try to stop in at least once a week.

Drew

#34 PappyD340

PappyD340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Full Name:Larry Dailey

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

At least twice a month even if I don't buy anything, they are building a new store in town relocating from their current store going to be 55000 sq ft of hobby and crafting bliss! :lol: 

#35 dantewallace

dantewallace

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

I attempted to go to the nearest one last night but they close at 8 pm...

Has anyone tried to use the mobile coupon and the printable coupon at the same time? They are two different codes making them two different coupons. 

Even if you have two different coupons you are limited to one per transaction.

#36 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

Not too often; maybe once every two or three months but we do it together.  My wife shops for her stuff and I for mine- which can lead all over the store, depending on what I'm looking for.

#37 chepp

chepp

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Charley Hepperle

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Never. I don't agree with the causes that they donate to.

Besides, one of the greatest, and it's not a chain, hobby shops (Pegasus) is closer to me.

#38 afxmustang

afxmustang

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Full Name:Karl Smalley

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

The closest one is about 20 minutes which is closer than the nearest decent hobby shop. My biggest problem with them is their limited selection as far as kits go. My wife does a lot of crafts so we go a couple time a month. It is nice to get a kit at 40% off but most of the time they don't have anything that I want.

#39 2000-cvpi

2000-cvpi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Full Name:Corey Sarenius

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

I went today and bought seven kits that they are clearancing out. They were restocking with with the 57Fireball Robert's car, the Revell 62 Corvette, etc.

#40 ToyLvr

ToyLvr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Adams

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

There are four (4) HL stores in the metropolitan area, but the nearest to me is about 15 miles away, so I don't visit there often.

The 40% coupon is great, but they seem to be about six months behind all the other hobby stores in getting new kits. If you're patient, you can get a good deal. If you want to be first on your block to have the latest kits, you have to shop elsewhere.

Since I don't buy much of new stuff, it doesn't much matter to me....

My LHS is much closer, and with what I save in fuel costs, it works out better for me to shop there.