#1 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Rumor has it that you are casting a corrected Mustang LX body... if you are please give me some info on getting one along with your Eleanor body.... Thanks Dan

Attached Files

#2 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,073 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Not rumor, Dan. 

Fact.

http://smcbofphx.pro...lay&thread=1848

#3 mademan

mademan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Mathers

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

how do we get in line for this?  I want  or 2, lol

#4 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Wann

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Those of you who are interested can send me a PM and I will start a list.  I will work on the windows this weekend and see what happens.  If my attempt to make clear glass fails then Mike will attempt to vacuum form them.

#5 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hey Greg, is there any plans of a convertible of this body?? I had asked the question on another part of the forum and Casey directed me to this one.  Thanks Greg. I'm almost done with the Eleanor I bought from you a year ago.....

#6 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hi Kerry,

This project is under the direction of Mike Schnur.  He might have a reply.  A convertible would be nice to see.  I really don't know what Mike might have up his sleeve.  I think he is considering some other body styles.  I just returned from the hosptal yeterday from a 6 day stay.  for the momemt I'm setting around a bit woozy from the lay up.  I'm 55 and sort of did a crash and burn.  Now I have to take my health a bit more serious with all these great new drugs they want me to take.  Taking a look at some alternative medicines I would like to check out acupuncture.  My insurance does not cover much of it though.  It might be really cheap in the long run.  They said my kidneys have stones and I can feel them and my kidneys were in bad shape.  High blood pressure and a lower back in bad shape as well as stomach problems too.  I am pretty much a mess.  I am going to miss good cold choclate milk and doughnuts.  My wife is going to be watching me like a Hawk.  I will be off work for a few days.  That will give me a little catch up timeon some projects too but I need to adjust to new meds for now.

It is great to hear you are almost done with Eleanor.  I just got a reply from someone I sent one to that was extremely happy with what he got.  Raoul Coulombe does have a mold that makes a convertible conversion of this.  I have one and it is very nice.  I helped him make the mold.

Greg

#7 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Wow Greg, take care of yourself. I'm 44 now and need to kick the soda. My wife is on me quite a bit for it. I'm not getting any younger. Hope you get better from your stint in the hospital.

I know why the other guy was EXTREMELY happy with your Eleanor....... Cause it's freakin' great!!!!!!!! When I first opened it up I heard the angels singing "AHHHHHHHHHHHH" The sky lit up the whole nine yards. Talk about a happy camper. One big reason as to why it's been a year or more is trying to find the photoetch grille for it. I did manage to find one so now I've been back on it...

#8 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,017 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi Kerry,

This project is under the direction of Mike Schnur.  He might have a reply.  A convertible would be nice to see.  I really don't know what Mike might have up his sleeve.  I think he is considering some other body styles.  I just returned from the hosptal yeterday from a 6 day stay.  for the momemt I'm setting around a bit woozy from the lay up.  I'm 55 and sort of did a crash and burn.  Now I have to take my health a bit more serious with all these great new drugs they want me to take.  Taking a look at some alternative medicines I would like to check out acupuncture.  My insurance does not cover much of it though.  It might be really cheap in the long run.  They said my kidneys have stones and I can feel them and my kidneys were in bad shape.  High blood pressure and a lower back in bad shape as well as stomach problems too.  I am pretty much a mess.  I am going to miss good cold choclate milk and doughnuts.  My wife is going to be watching me like a Hawk.  I will be off work for a few days.  That will give me a little catch up timeon some projects too but I need to adjust to new meds for now.

It is great to hear you are almost done with Eleanor.  I just got a reply from someone I sent one to that was extremely happy with what he got.  Raoul Coulombe does have a mold that makes a convertible conversion of this.  I have one and it is very nice.  I helped him make the mold.

Greg

Sorry to hear about that,  I do wish you a speedy recovery and hope feel better soon,  your health comes first , take care of your self

Edited by martinfan5, 14 September 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#9 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Greg... Payment has been sent... PM sent with shipping info... Get well soon... Thanks... Dan

#10 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Get well soon Greg .

Kerry kicking the soda can be as bad as the smoking habit.

Ice tea is no better for the kidney stones. 

#11 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

I hear ya Andy, been trying for awhile now. Slow but going......

#12 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Get well soon Greg .

Kerry kicking the soda can be as bad as the smoking habit.

Ice tea is no better for the kidney stones. 

I can't drink iced tea either?  DANG!!  Water is getting boring.  My wife is on me now too.  I appreciate all the well wishes.  Getting old does suck.

The Eleanor photo etch set:  My grille has one bar that is ever so slightly bent.  I have actually attempted with fair success to resin cast PE parts.  I have cut PE parts off their sprue, drop them in front of me and they are a struggle to find.  I bought a set for a still unfinished Buick GS convertible build.  Those little fender badges are so cool and accurate that you can actually paint the red paint in the letters and numbers and polish them out.  They really make the GSX build POP!  It is just too bad they keep releasing this kit with the same inaccurate front fenders.  They are not squared off but sharply rounded.  Like the picture of this fine specimen.  Now, this is what I call a Hot Wheels car!  If this Gold GS was my Flip Nose version I would be one happy camper!

Attached Files

Edited by Greg Wann, 15 September 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#13 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

I hear ya, water is boring but I've been drinking a lot of it lately.

#14 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

I can't drink iced tea either?  DANG!!  Water is getting boring.  My wife is on me now too.  I appreciate all the well wishes.  Getting old does suck.

The Eleanor photo etch set:  My grille has one bar that is ever so slightly bent.  I have actually attempted with fair success to resin cast PE parts.  I have cut PE parts off their sprue, drop them in front of me and they are a struggle to find.  I bought a set for a still unfinished Buick GS convertible build.  Those little fender badges are so cool and accurate that you can actually paint the red paint in the letters and numbers and polish them out.  They really make the GSX build POP!  It is just too bad they keep releasing this kit with the same inaccurate front fenders.  They are not squared off but sharply rounded.  Like the picture of this fine specimen.  Now, this is what I call a Hot Wheels car!  If this Gold GS was my Flip Nose version I would be one happy camper!

Edited by dimaxion, 30 October 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#15 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I just this week got my copy of the resin LX coupe from Greg... at first inspection it is AWESOME!!!... I will drag the kit out to test fit it and let you all know the final results but I suspect as always It will be GREAT!!!...

#16 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Schnur

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Last week, I dropped off a bag of coupe glass to Greg, and now the body kits are starting to go out.

PA110043_zps88d72a4c.jpg

Included is the body, glass, a "slide" to make the 1/4 windows (you can get at least three out of a slide, in case you cut one wrong) and a stock hood. Why a stock hood, and why not just use the kit hood? Because the hood is the only other part that is painted body color, so with a resin hood, you can paint the whole car with any hot automotive paint - base/clear, lacquer, Duplicolor, etc, without worrying about crazing a styrene part. Selling isn't allowed on the forums, so PM Greg Wann to get on the list, and the bodies will go out in the order of which the names are added. 

So with that finally taken care of, my next post on this thread will be a continuation of how it started, a build thread of my car.

-MJS

Edited by Maindrian Pace, 03 November 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#17 mademan

mademan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Mathers

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

so when can I buy a couple? was put on a "List" ..

Edited by mademan, 29 October 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#18 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm gonna buy one and chop the top!!! :D

Seriously, will there be a way to get one or two at Model Z?

#19 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Modelzona?  I had not planned on attending.  I could mail one or two to you.

Edited by Greg Wann, 30 October 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#20 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Re: Soda- 
I also had to kick the soda habit several years ago. My dietitian suggested Aquafina. I am hooked. Just enough flavor. No sugar. Non carbonated. I like the Strawberry-Kiwi. Also Rasberry, and Grape, as well as maybe peach. I always have one handy when I drive. Hope you like. And get well, too.

AQUAFINA-TEMP-DELETE.jpg