#21 PappyD340

PappyD340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts
  • Full Name:Larry Dailey

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Same here none at either store in High Point, but 20 miles down the highway they have them, but have been told the selection isn't hitting on much! :D 

#22 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

2 Walmarts within 15 Miles of me, one has em, one does not, the one that does not is a super Walmart.  As far as nothing exciting, I got Revell's 62 Impala at mine.

#23 prostockmania

prostockmania

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Armstrong

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

Neither Walmart within 10 miles of me has them, our local Meihers started carrying them last year, but then Meijers closed there doors here, along with my local hobby shop.  All I got with in 45 minutes of me here is Hobby Lobby and Micheals.  I do most my shopping online now.

#24 Chris White

Chris White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • Full Name:Chris White

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

3 to 4 Walmart's near me here in Toronto, none on the shelves here !!!Only the local MIcheal's has them at premium prices. Gotta use the 50 percent coupon to get them at normal prices :(

#25 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

The last time I was at a Wal Mart (months ago), they had a limited selection of kits. Looked like they were mostly kits that didn't sell very well. The prices on them surely didn't help their cause. I'll buy mine from ebay or my LHS twenty miles down the road. This past Christmas or maybe the one before, they had kits on a display in the middle of an aisle for $10.99 and $9.99. I couldn't pass up that deal. So, I bought three. 

#26 Dave Van

Dave Van

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

I am neither pro or anti WM......but they seem a little......dumb for better term.

At the store closet to me....no plastic kits at all. Only big store in 2000 square miles....busy place.

At the store 1.5 hours away in bigger city......models at WM. The store is across the street from Hobby Lobby and there is a hobby shop in town.

So where there is no competition, they could own 100% of sales, no models. Where they have a number of other sellers...models.

I don't get it.

#27 Pete J.

Pete J.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Full Name:Pete Johnson

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

I am neither pro or anti WM......but they seem a little......dumb for better term.

At the store closet to me....no plastic kits at all. Only big store in 2000 square miles....busy place.

At the store 1.5 hours away in bigger city......models at WM. The store is across the street from Hobby Lobby and there is a hobby shop in town.

So where there is no competition, they could own 100% of sales, no models. Where they have a number of other sellers...models.

I don't get it.

Oh, I get it!  Typical Wal-Mart sales strategy. They only want to take business away from another store and drive the little guy out.  They try to cut the pie so thin that the specialty store can't survive.  Could care less about the local population.  That is why I have never set foot in a Wal-Mart and never will! 

#28 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

No models in my area at all! I check when I get to pick up my moms meds there. 

#29 Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Osborn

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Wal-Mart has a whole lot of Revell kits at walmart.com, and they will ship to your local store for free.  You'd have to pay the sales tax, but it's better than paying shipping with no sales tax at a lot of the online retailers.  K-mart does the ship-to-store thing, too, and they actually have a lot of kits on sale at their website right now.  There's not a K-mart within 45 miles of me, though!

#30 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Out of three stores in my town I've only been in one, nothing there. We also have a good LHS, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby. Walmart's selection isn't going to have an effect on what is already here, if they carry them that is.

#31 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Conway

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

there are like  6 or so  coastal walmarts down here in south ms, only one now  carries model kits

#32 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Oh, I get it!  Typical Wal-Mart sales strategy. They only want to take business away from another store and drive the little guy out.  They try to cut the pie so thin that the specialty store can't survive.  Could care less about the local population.  That is why I have never set foot in a Wal-Mart and never will! 

Yes exactly the sales development force sits in a basement lair in Bentonville twirling their collective mustaches Snidely Whiplash style...who should we run out of business this week boys and girls? Nyeh heh haaaa!!!

I don't believe anyone who says they've NEVER set foot in a Wal*Mart.  If you've never EVER been in one, what can one possibly base their person opinion on?  The second hand anecdotes of others?  People complaining in the media to further their cause of choice?

I've yet to see Wal*Mart employees put on flak jackets and riot helmets and round up the town and force march them into the store and then hold them at gun point until they left with shopping carts chocked full of merchandise

Why is it that no thread about this store can be discussed here for the informational purposes it's designed for - "IF you're interested, some Wal*Marts sell models at $20" without it devolving into a shouting competition about who hates Wal*Mart the most?  I don't build drag racing models, but I don't see the need to go into each thread in that section and scream "I WOULDN'T BUILD THAT KIT IF YOU PAID ME TO!!!!!"

Edited by niteowl7710, 25 August 2013 - 03:16 PM.