I've been tied up in the details of this project so I thought I should get an update posted.
The chassis is in the clean up and detail stage and I finished the suspension and got it all installed. The front end is from Future Attraction as is the 4 Link and 9 Inch Ford rear end. The front wheels I am using are flat on the inside and I had to pop the outside half of the calipers off to get them to fit. The back fit with everything intact. The pins sticking out of the front struts will be trimmed off when the time comes for that. They hold things together.
I decided to make my own rack and pinion steering from styrene rod and steel tubing from RB Motion. It turned out OK. The interior is a mish mash of stuff from the parts box. It needs to be touched up but is in pretty good shape. I decided to leave the pedals and Lenco shifter factory chrome because they are so small that they tend to get lost in the chrome stripping and painting process,
The body is still in the sand, fill and repeat stage. Every time I think I can paint I find another flaw that needs two days work or more. I found the hood lines distracting and filled them with epoxy putty.
Here are the updated chassis pics.
I have another eye appointment tomorrow but shouldn't be out of the loop for more than a day.
See you all soon and thanks for tuning in.