Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Couple Older Builds

Mike

Here's a couple older builds from when I got back in to it the hobby three years ago.

64 Chevy. Third build, box-stock and my second attempt at wiring an engine.

DSC02900.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

An all-time favorite kit for me (built it as a kid) and an all-time favorite factory stock truck. 454SS Chevy

DSC02906.jpg

DSC02907.jpg

COOOOL!!! ;):lol:

I love the 454SS. That is the first kit I officially finished. I started it about 10 years ago by cutting it up for a channel job right out of the box. I had it mocked up for years with no paint or glue, just tape. I finally finished it back in May. I loved the build so much that I started to look for another to build box-stock. It took me three more months to find it, but persistence paid off. I found an original pop of the kit in a mom 'n pop LHS. I was floored to see it molded in black! The first one came from mal-wart(;)) in '96 and it was molded in off white. If I would have had the black one then, I would have done what you did. This one can be done without paint fairly convincingly. Yours looks fantastic! The paintwork on the 64 looks great too. Anymore trucks?

COOOOL!!! B):D

I love the 454SS. That is the first kit I officially finished. I started it about 10 years ago by cutting it up for a channel job right out of the box. I had it mocked up for years with no paint or glue, just tape. I finally finished it back in May. I loved the build so much that I started to look for another to build box-stock. It took me three more months to find it, but persistence paid off. I found an original pop of the kit in a mom 'n pop LHS. I was floored to see it molded in black! The first one came from mal-wart(:rolleyes:) in '96 and it was molded in off white. If I would have had the black one then, I would have done what you did. This one can be done without paint fairly convincingly. Yours looks fantastic! The paintwork on the 64 looks great too. Anymore trucks?

Thank you. Here's my only other truck. Box and factory stock S10 Xtreme. Another personal favorite out of the factory. I'm planning on picking up another one of these kits too. It goes together really well.

xtreme2.jpg

xtreme3.jpg

Nice! I see those kits once and a while. The second gen S10's were always hit or miss with me. I just always thought the lines on the Silverado agreed with me better. I will probably buy one sometime and paint it black to go with the 454.

Here's my two:

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

This one is just mocked up with a red promo interior stuck in for pictures. Once I finish the stocker, I will post them together in Under Glass.

Edited by dub