Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya R34 And Fujimi S13 Quick Redo's Of Old Builds(lots Of Pics)

Gray Smith

Hey guys, over the last few months I bought a house, and while moving, and painting, and working 2 jobs, I decided to give a few of my built kits a slight refreshing, since I didn't have much time for any heavy model building

the first is my Tamiya r34...originally built with no top piece to the spoiler, and painfully factory brochure(read stock) looking.....

DSC01280.jpg

Here it is now as an owner would personalize it with Z-tune wheels, z-tune exhaust tip, and some number plates/registrations stickers(and a Nismo and Option decal for good measure). I also added the top piece to the trunk spoiler and used Tamiyas Carbon decal from the Z-tune parts pack decal sheet. Not much else was done...I needed to fix the front suspension from where it came unglued, and I changed both dash decals on the inside. Here it is....

skylinenew1.jpg

skylinenew2.jpg

skylinenew3.jpg

skylinenew4.jpg

skylinenew5.jpg

skylinenew6.jpg

Then we have my fujimi s13 silvia which was built up super slammed for daily driving...I was never happy with the Oni wheel choice(they go better on an ae86) so I took it apart and put on some r33 skyline wheels(from an old built up thats in the process of refinishing) I tried to give the front some camber since on the real thing you have to do that to fit those massive wheels(even with a mild pull). I also tried to "titanium-ize" the exhaust with some sharpie on the tip...lol. Another thing i'm into the LM racer look with yellow headlights so the trusty yellow sharpie came out and walla..a new look..

here is the old..

silvia15.jpg

here is the new

silivanew1.jpg

silivanew3.jpg

an attempt at an artistic shot there^

silivanew4.jpg

silvianew2.jpg

silvianew5.jpg

anyway..felt like posting something since i've got the itch to build..but little time with delivering pizzas on the side... hope you like the updates..

Gray