High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,223 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

There ws another "Sizzler" 

I have that one also and several more 1320 fuelers as well as a couple of diggers.

#22 Pete L.

Pete L.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Full Name:Pete Linszky
    JSMCC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

No kidding. I'm only seeing one engine and a bunch of wheels  :huh:

Fellas,

I can enlarge the screen size on my laptop, in the lower righthand corner there's a drop down window with a percentage number, open it and scale up the pics.

I see the two bodies, one bantam and another being the streamliner, TWO MOTORS as well as wire wheels. Chute pack rollbar/seatback and the rubber tires, headers and full canopy...looking for a release date ?

Edited by Pete L., 18 May 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#23 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Okay, but it gets awfully fuzzy through these 65 year old eyes and all that magnification. :wacko:

#24 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

original sizzler body cut down to fit a 1/25 scale scrach built chassis. I can't wait for this to come out in 1/25! There are a ton of possibilities just with the body.

DSC_0259.jpg

#25 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Even at $1.98 in the sixties ..... this was "THE" screamin deal of the century!!!!!

I managed to get my hands on two of them......   

Not really sure here but just for the record I "THINK" the original was closer to 1/20th scale....   not 1/24th......

Personally, I would like to see a "STRAIGHT RE-ISSUE" in the original scale.......

Bill (Duntov)

#26 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

I hope Longbox55 doesn't mind, but I took the original photo from his Photobucket and cropped it into sections for the different sprues to make it a little easier to see the building options.

According to Revell (with my additional comments in parentheses), it will have:

A small-block Chevy and an early Hemi, 3 exhaust styles, 3 intake systems (definitely 1 injected and 1 blown with what looks like a possible "Man-A-Fre" style 4 x 2bbl set up?), 3 body styles (open dragster, streamliner, and competition coupe), driver figure(neat!), 2 front wheel styles (wires and 12 spoke mags, with 5-spoke mags for the back).

slingster001-vi.jpg

slingster002-vi.jpg

slingster003-vi.jpg

slingster004-vi.jpg

slingster005-vi.jpg

slingster006-vi.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow, 31 May 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#27 Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Full Name:Dennis Lacy

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Where are you seeing the Man-A-Fre style intake? On the Chevy engine sprue I see a super charger intake and a Hilborn style fuel injector. Care to circle it in the picture it's in? I'm looking and looking...

#28 keyser

keyser

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Location:Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch TX
  • Full Name:Christian Lee Szell

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

OMG :angry: . That Bantam roof looks like it's chopped 2", and the reveal molding droops front to rear :rolleyes: . Horrors. The sunroof is too far back too.  :huh: Wait, what? Nevermind. Looks awesome, never got an original. Think a Potvin would be cool on a flathead in this thing. Hope people don't whine like Twihards about this kit.   :blink:

Edited by keyser, 31 May 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#29 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,223 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

OMG :angry: . That Bantam roof looks like it's chopped 2", and the reveal molding droops front to rear :rolleyes: . Horrors. The sunroof is too far back too.  :huh: Wait, what? Nevermind. Looks awesome, never got an original. Think a Potvin would be cool on a flathead in this thing. Hope people don't whine like Twihards about this kit.   :blink:

You hope people don't whine about this kit? You just KNOW they will.

#30 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Where are you seeing the Man-A-Fre style intake? On the Chevy engine sprue I see a super charger intake and a Hilborn style fuel injector. Care to circle it in the picture it's in? I'm looking and looking...

I see a Hilborn injection unit similar to the one in the original and the one in the AMT Double Dragster kits. First picture bottom right on the spru. :rolleyes:

#31 Mark

Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

I see a Hilborn injection unit similar to the one in the original and the one in the AMT Double Dragster kits. First picture bottom right on the spru. :rolleyes:

That's probably the one he's thinking of.  The original Sizzler kit had a setup just like that.  If you want a Man-A-Fre type intake in 1/25 scale, check out the stock fuel injection intake in the old-tool Revell '57 Chevy kits (hardtop and Nomad).  The four pads that the stock FI plenum rests on are aligned with the intake ports on the heads, and they resemble mounting pads for carburetors.  You might have to scratch a set of pads to add to the manifold to raise the carbs a bit, but that is no big deal.  I'm working on a model of a drag car that ran locally back in the day, the pics I have of the intake on it are pretty similar to the Revell unit.  The local car's intake wasn't a Man-A-Fre, but again all of these four-carb setups were pretty much alike with one carb feeding two intake ports (and each pair of ports isolated from the others).  The only four-carb SBC intake I know of in a kit (AMT '67/'68 Camaro annual kits) looks similar to the Revell FI intake also.    

#32 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

On the bottom of the sprue with the front axle and the chevy pipes are what appear to be 4 2bbl carbs.  Or they could be (probably more likely now that I think about it) siamesed injectors for the Chevy.  So it might be 2 injected set ups and one blown.  All Revell said was "3 intake systems", in fact everything in that line I wrote that isn't in parentheses is cut and pasted directly from the e-mail message.   

#33 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

That's probably the one he's thinking of.  The original Sizzler kit had a setup just like that.  If you want a Man-A-Fre type intake in 1/25 scale, check out the stock fuel injection intake in the old-tool Revell '57 Chevy kits (hardtop and Nomad).  The four pads that the stock FI plenum rests on are aligned with the intake ports on the heads, and they resemble mounting pads for carburetors.  You might have to scratch a set of pads to add to the manifold to raise the carbs a bit, but that is no big deal.  I'm working on a model of a drag car that ran locally back in the day, the pics I have of the intake on it are pretty similar to the Revell unit.  The local car's intake wasn't a Man-A-Fre, but again all of these four-carb setups were pretty much alike with one carb feeding two intake ports (and each pair of ports isolated from the others).  The only four-carb SBC intake I know of in a kit (AMT '67/'68 Camaro annual kits) looks similar to the Revell FI intake also.    

You replied as I was typing mine.  I was looking more at the items on the bottom of the front axle sprue thinking they were 2bbl carbs, but it's more likely they're siamesed injectors for the SBC

#34 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

all conjecture, at best. B) Lemmie get my shades off, so's I kin see those fuzzy pichers better. :blink:

#35 Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Full Name:Dennis Lacy

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

On the bottom of the sprue with the front axle and the chevy pipes are what appear to be 4 2bbl carbs.  Or they could be (probably more likely now that I think about it) siamesed injectors for the Chevy.  So it might be 2 injected set ups and one blown.  All Revell said was "3 intake systems", in fact everything in that line I wrote that isn't in parentheses is cut and pasted directly from the e-mail message.   

Thanks, and you're probably correct about them being injector parts. I was looking at those 4 fuzzy things too but despite the blurry pictures I just wasn't finding a 3rd Chevy intake.

Regardless, this kit should be, at the least, a good parts source!

#36 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the reminder! That's a really classic and obvious tactic I've forgotten to include in the blog from the very beginning.

Actually, this is the PERFECT sort of thing for Revell/Monogram to do. Plays on nostalgia, hammers down the scale, refines the tooling, ramps up the detail, doesn't hit any single specific subject too literally.

Very eagerly looking forward to mine, and they're really gonna have to botch something to get any "whining" from me.

#37 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

All they'll hear from me on this one is "Yes...Yes! YES!"

Parts galore. Can't wait.

#38 garryrenfro

garryrenfro

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:Garry

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

A kit I never dreamed Revell would retool. I am 12 again!  Hooray! I'l take a case. 

#39 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

This is going to be great!

#40 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

This is a pleasant surprise! I haven't been on here in a few weeks and I see a few new kits happening. The Slingster looks like a winner, just hope reality is just as appealing.

Now to go wade through 30 pages to see what's with the new Mustang LX.....