#2 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I hope it comes with that cool, REALISTIC driver figure as shown on the box art :rolleyes:  :lol:

Seriously though, looks like a future purchase for me B)

#3 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,636 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

It does not matter to me but why a skill 3 part count??

#4 Len Woodruff

Len Woodruff

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • Full Name:Len Woodruff

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

This will be a kool kit!

#5 ZIL 111V

ZIL 111V

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Full Name:P.GILL

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

Great looking kit. Very, very, nice subject, looks like a winner to me :wub: . 

(Hope we get extra decals for other than D&M 1/1 version...or AMT's '62 Vette decal sheet may come handy). 

#6 Bowtienutz

Bowtienutz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Full Name:Vinnie
    I'm trying to be good
    0 warning points whatever that means.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Maybe nothing fits :)

#7 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

One for a box art build and a few more for parts donors!

#8 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

It is on my list. D&M is just "up the street" from where i live. Going past is often drool inspiring....

joe.

#9 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Probably due to the difficulty of removing the poorly placed mold lines on the body. :lol:

At least this issue now comes with a top! Since Revell now has the tooling for it, I think they should offer everyone who bought the first issue a new top and glass. I wouldn't count it though. :rolleyes:  If this kit still has the stock suspension pieces, I'll buy it. If not, I'll wait for the next issue of it.

#10 Dave

Dave

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Sciano

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Maybe it's a parts count thing? Revell Germany kit skill levels are based parts count.

#11 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

Probably due to the difficulty of removing the poorly placed mold lines on the body. :lol:

At least this issue now comes with a top! Since Revell now has the tooling for it, I think they should offer everyone who bought the first issue a new top and glass. I wouldn't count it though. :rolleyes:  If this kit still has the stock suspension pieces, I'll buy it. If not, I'll wait for the next issue of it.

If the NASCAR '57 Ford and it's total lack of a stock interior in exchange for the remaining Supercharger parts equation is an indication, I got $5 on this thing being only built as a drag vehicle in exchange for the up-top that was missing in the first run.

I have to wonder what oddball problem the next variation of the '50 Olds is going to have that will make the period speed parts that it's going to have useless to someone who wants to build a factory sleeper type vehicle.

#12 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

If the NASCAR '57 Ford and it's total lack of a stock interior in exchange for the remaining Supercharger parts equation is an indication, I got $5 on this thing being only built as a drag vehicle in exchange for the up-top that was missing in the first run.

I have to wonder what oddball problem the next variation of the '50 Olds is going to have that will make the period speed parts that it's going to have useless to someone who wants to build a factory sleeper type vehicle.

You're probably right James. I sure won't bet against you. I think Revell's new motto is "why produce 2n1 kits when we can make them buy two kits to build one model?"  :rolleyes:

#13 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,610 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

"why produce 2n1 kits when we can make them buy two kits to build one model?"  :rolleyes:

You do understand this works, right? Revell knows more about selling kits than you, I, and everyone on this forum combined, but still people persist in complaining when every possible part isn't included in a single box. Aoshima releases three versions of the BR-Z/MR-S and nobody has a problem with it, but when Revell does it they are evil for wanting to maximize their millions invested in some tooling?  :rolleyes: AMT did the same thing with their '67 Impala, '69 El Camino, '66 Nova, etc., but that's okay? This has been going on for decades.

Revell's doing just fine with a few bitter souls not buying ten kits per year because they didn't include the parts those people feel they should've been included.

#14 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,262 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

You do understand this works, right? Revell knows more about selling kits than you, I, and everyone on this forum combined, but still people persist in complaining when every possible part isn't included in a single box. Aoshima releases three versions of the BR-Z/MR-S and nobody has a problem with it, but when Revell does it they are evil for wanting to maximize their millions invested in some tooling?  :rolleyes: AMT did the same thing with their '67 Impala, '69 El Camino, '66 Nova, etc., but that's okay? This has been going on for decades.

Revell's doing just fine with a few bitter souls not buying ten kits per year because they didn't include the parts those people feel they should've been included.

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining, I think...

#15 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Most likely due to the parts count and some additional "small" detail parts which require careful assembly. The '62 Vette, '57 Ford, and '50 Olds-- all recently created kits-- all have Skill Level 3 ratings.

#16 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,137 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hot boogie...I want one...IF the suspension is right, IF the engine is right, and a few more accuracy-related "IFs". I HOPE it's right on, really. It would be GREAT to see this well-done, like the man said, for a box-build as well as for parts-swapping.

BUT, you all DO realize that, depending on the exact era and the sanctioning body it runs under, the correct class for this thing probably isn't gasser, but rather "modified sports", right?

Here's a link to the '64 and '66 NHRA rules, if anybody's interested...http://www.jalopyjou...ad.php?t=334715

#17 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,214 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Most likely due to the parts count and some additional "small" detail parts which require careful assembly. The '62 Vette, '57 Ford, and '50 Olds-- all recently created kits-- all have Skill Level 3 ratings.

Personally I'd rather see a "Quality Level" rating on the box instead of a "Skill Level." "CAUTION: this kit was designed/engineered 50 years ago and the parts will not fit correctly without a lot of re-engineering by the builder."

Why would a kit that has 150 parts need a higher level of skill to assemble than a kit with 90 parts? Assuming that the kit was engineered correctly, parts count is irrelevant to the level of skill required to assemble those parts. If you have the skill needed to assemble a 90 part kit, you have the skill needed to assemble a 150 part kit. Isn't assessing a "skill level" based strictly on parts count alone a little silly?

Would a book with 100 pages be a "Skill 1" book and a book with 200 pages be a "Skill 2" book? If you have the basic skill (know how to read), then reading 200 pages takes no more "skill" than reading 100. It takes more time, but no more skill.

The only logical skill breakdown to me would be to differentiate between a snap sit and a glue-together kit.

#18 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

No roll cage or roll bar that I can see. No tech pass from me.

Dale

#19 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,214 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

No roll cage or roll bar that I can see. No tech pass from me.

Dale

I wonder how much the research guys at Revell make?

#20 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

BUT, you all DO realize that, depending on the exact era and the sanctioning body it runs under, the correct class for this thing probably isn't gasser, but rather "modified sports", right?

I don't think this car was ever designed to race, but rather be a gasser-looking show car, so correct class and equipment were probably never factored into the build equation. It's a 1/25 scale replica of one car, much like the Rat Roaster kit.

It takes more time, but no more skill.

One might argue patience is an acquired skill.  ^_^