#1 dabelltoller

dabelltoller

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:gary devonshire

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

hey guys im going to get back into modeling since my twins are 14 months and can some what be controlled lol ha

anyhow here is a 2014 pete 389 with a 46 inch bunk Id like to make it looks as real as can be whats out there in 1/25 parts do I need ?

im really wanting to do it in 1/16 but space and lack of updated parts scares me away

thanks gary

Attached Files

#2 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well, to be honest with you, this don't really look too bad....You could use any of the Revell 1/25 scale 359 rigs and get with American Industrial Truck Models or P&P Resins for the hood and other parts...

Edited by kilrathy10, 01 September 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#3 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

I agree with JT, the Revell 359 would be a good base and then get with Eric @ P&P and get the conversion 389 hood, but to do the truck correctly, you need much more to go with it, and P&P has what you need. You would also need the Ultracab style cab, since that truck has one and is a larger cab found on the newer Petes, and you would also need the 2006 & up conversion parts such as the dash and steering wheel and interior door panels.

#4 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

Wouldn't the Italeri Peterbilt 377 or 378 be a better starting place for the 389?