#1 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

This is a subject that I have yet to see in this sub-forum, and figured I would take a stab at it. I'm using the old Doyusha 1971 Mustang kit, with parts from the Revell 2010 GT500 kit, along with resin wheels from ebay and R/C car tires.

Quite a bit of the GT500 kit will be used, namely the chassis/drivetrain, and some of the interior. The suspension will be modified parts from the Doyusha kit, and the body will be all Doyusha with a few GT500 parts added.

I'm working on the engine now, and I'll post some pics a little later of where its at.

Edited by Jordan White, 04 September 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#2 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm in, can't wait to see what you do with it!

#3 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Here's where I'm at with the engine.

SDC11886.jpg

SDC11887.jpg

I decided not to go with the usual Ford blue engine, nor did I want to go with a monochromatic or custom color. Instead, I did a search into vintage Mustang engine colors, and I found the late 60's 289 engines were black with gold valve covers and air cleaner. I did something similar, using a Ford gold paint, with a black block and heads, aluminum oil pan and transmission, gold cam covers and intake manifold, and chrome supercharger. I think it's different, vintage yet modern, and the gold will complement the blue that I plan on painting the car.