Model Cars Magazine Forum

Preventing glue spills...

Scottnkat

I don't know how many of you guys have problems with glue bottles that like to spill over, but with my occasional hand spasms and even just plain klutziness, I haven't yet had a single bottle of glue last me - every single bottle has been knocked over at least once, sometimes completely ruining the model parts on the desk at the time. Here's what I did to resolve it:

I picked up a round wood plaque at Michael's for about $0.80 or so. I brought it home and drilled a hole in the middle just slightly larger than the bottle of glue. I was able to finish the old bottle and I am now halfway through this bottle and not a single spill since.

003a_zpsa4d360d1.jpg

Edited by Scottnkat

Another way to prevent glue/paint spills.

I went down to the local Habitat for Humanity resale store and picked up some 12 x 12 ceramic tiles for 50 cents a piece. Then I picked up some scrap PVC pipe sections for a .10 cents. I glued the pipe sections to the ceramic tiles with 5 minute epoxy and with a hey nonnie I have a spill proof glue and paint holders.

I purchased a lazy susan at the local ace. Glued it to two ceramic tiles and now I have a rotating paint stand.

Bob Gregory

messing up one model at a time

• 2 weeks later...