#21 realgone58

realgone58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Wickham

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

That's a beauty! I need to go find one on the 'Bay. Have to add one of these to my vintage trailer (caravan) collection.

#22 PatW

PatW

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Full Name:Patrick Wickham

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

Good idea realgone58! I've done a couple of other things................

43_zpsa1f1937b.jpg

42_zps92b32c9a.jpg

The front handle to wind the leg up and down and the spare wheel and carrier. I don't know whether they have one but as the spare wheel came with the body I thought I'd make an open tray from plastic card and mount it underneath at the back.

Edited by PatW, 27 November 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#23 PatW

PatW

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

I've just done the last few bits, Painted the tyre carrier, and made the power cable to the tow vehicle..................

45_zpsfd2544fd.jpg

46_zps76e40930.jpg

And in the Ikea cabinet..

50_zps4940253a.jpg

If your are a super detailer (as I am not) this would be the casting to try. Imagine opening up and hinging the door, cutting out the wondows and adding clear plastic, fitting a floor and complete interior and adding the exterior awning! Now wouldn't that be just great.

#24 jerseyjunker1

jerseyjunker1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Full Name:Manny Solano

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

there is a 1:1 of these not far from me. i want to do one for my junkyard if i ever get the cash to spend.times are so tight around here i"m starting to choke and to make matters worse the town i live in put in sewer lines a couple of years ago and that cost me $325.00 quarterly . some of that used to be my allowance for the hobby. :angry:

#25 PatW

PatW

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hi Manny, I hope things improve for you next year. We have a problem here in the UK with Gas and Electricity prices. The 'energy' giants are increasing prices by 10% but we don't get anymore that 1% in wage rises if we get any at all and for me on a pension it's really tight so when I buy a kit or resin like this Airstream I have to make the most of it!

Merry Christmas Manny and have a happier new year in 2014.