#21 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

The parts store doesn't have the parts I need for a customer's BMW and they have to come from Germany!  So it will be at least 2 weeks!

#22 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Have you tried Rock Auto?

#23 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

I Finally get the Speed Channel.

Turns into Fox Sports..

WTH?!!!!

#24 metalhead

metalhead

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan Caudle

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Co-workers that don't give a toot about what the warehouse looks like the day before the CEO arrives. Managers that don't give a toot

about said coworkers not giving a toot. Me getting blamed for not "stepping up" and helping when I was the one voicing my concerns about said co-workers! Yep, had a nice, long meeting with my boss over that. And it's not just when the CEO or somebody else important, it's every day. Dayshift constantly eating into my shift putting me an hour and a half behind, leaving me with a dead forklift.  I need another job.

Edited by metalhead, 19 September 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#25 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,268 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

001-vi.jpg

002-vi.jpg

Weirdest thing was the belt made no noise until the idler had melted this much, and wiped the belt out with it. <_< Totally clueless as to what had happened until my ammeter dropped to zero and the steering got tight...

#26 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Co-workers that don't give a toot about what the warehouse looks like the day before the CEO arrives. Managers that don't give a toot

about said coworkers not giving a toot. Me getting blamed for not "stepping up" and helping when I was the one voicing my concerns about said co-workers! Yep, had a nice, long meeting with my boss over that. And it's not just when the CEO or somebody else important, it's every day. Dayshift constantly eating into my shift putting me an hour and a half behind, leaving me with a dead forklift.  I need another job.

Ryan, I had that same darn problem when I was a night manager at a large warehouse. Things not finished, no cleanup done, Forklifts out of propane just left where they ran out. Bent warehouse racks where someone crashed into them. And of coarse the night shift got blamed. Finally we decided it was a warehouse ghost because nobody would admit to nothing.

#27 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

I've never trusted plastic idlers, and I never will. I can never forgive them...for the death of my belt.

#28 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,690 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Weirdest thing was the belt made no noise until the idler had melted this much, and wiped the belt out with it. <_< Totally clueless as to what had happened until my ammeter dropped to zero and the steering got tight...

A few years back I took my Geo Tracker in for exhaust. It needed a front pipe so the tech needed to loosen up my alternator to get down onto the manifold.  A couple of days later I noticed my power steering was kinda fading in and  out, so I thought the belt might need tightening. That's when I found the alternator was  just sitting there suspended by it's pully. It wasn't tightened to the engine at all!  Don't know how it drove that way for a few days!

#29 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

Gotta love the day shift vs. night shift wars. Night shift has to do EVERYBODY'S work and then gets jammed up when everything isn't perfect for day turn. Changing jobs isn't going to help unless it's to someplace that closes at 5pm. Because this battle royale is universal.

The last place I worked that had a real split shift system, the day shift drivers felt they were special because they saw the sunlight. Forever late to jobs, late FROM jobs making night shift scramble for equipment, when they did show up trucks were out of fuel, low on fluids, had flats/mechanical issues, out of DEF, full of trash, etc. If we did shift change on site they'd howl like babies if night shift wasn't there precisely at 6pm, but they'd show up to relieve us at 8am-ish cause they'd stop and eat breakfast ON THE CLOCK.

It led to the point of near fist fights before corporate fired the local management and pulled the day shift aside sand pointed out the reason they were on days wasn't because they were special, but because they were all newly minted CDL holders and they managed to run over/onto/into enough things when they could see where they were going...they were terrified to let them operate in the dark.

#30 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Me neice's scummy loser boyfriend who got her pregnant, and now says he doesn't know how he feels about her.

#31 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Geez, did the bearing seize up?

#32 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

My idiot neighbor, wanting me to weld a "cadillac" converter to the rusty stub of broken exhaust pipe under his latest POS, and telling me about how the car runs better with a cat because it has MORE back-pressure. All the while he's also telling me that Mercedes has offered him a fantastic-paying job as a tech, as soon as he gets all his ASE certs. Uh huh.Then he tells me he's doing plumbing on rehab houses, but can't figure out how to hook up the gas line to his stove. In the course of the conversation, I said something about NPT fittings (you know, national pipe thread ??), and he looked at me like I was speaking in tongues.

I really try to be nice and help him when I can (like the time he was working on a buddy's Toyota and got it stuck in 2 gears because he put all the linkage together wrong) but he's 21, inherited the house, has zero skills and knows nothing about ANYTHING, makes up tall stories constantly, and already has 2 kids, one more on the way, and feeds them with food stamps. What am I missing here?

#33 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

That wide bar at the bottom of my TV screen, informing of what channel I am watching at the time. Also the round circle at the top corner of my TV screen with the channel Logo. 

#34 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

My idiot neighbor, wanting me to weld a "cadillac" converter to the rusty stub of broken exhaust pipe under his latest POS, and telling me about how the car runs better with a cat because it has MORE back-pressure. All the while he's also telling me that Mercedes has offered him a fantastic-paying job as a tech, as soon as he gets all his ASE certs. Uh huh.Then he tells me he's doing plumbing on rehab houses, but can't figure out how to hook up the gas line to his stove. In the course of the conversation, I said something about NPT fittings (you know, national pipe thread ??), and he looked at me like I was speaking in tongues.

I really try to be nice and help him when I can (like the time he was working on a buddy's Toyota and got it stuck in 2 gears because he put all the linkage together wrong) but he's 21, inherited the house, has zero skills and knows nothing about ANYTHING, makes up tall stories constantly, and already has 2 kids, one more on the way, and feeds them with food stamps. What am I missing here?

Bill, it just may be his age. A lot of guys 18 to 25 or so think they know everything and or like to join a conversation even if they know nothing about the topic. I was one of those guys in my younger days. My dad ( god rest his soul ) used to tell me " When you get older you will wonder how your old man got so smart so fast ". He was right. Hopefully now I am as smart as I thought I was back then but probably not. : )

#35 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

The price of cable and internet .

#36 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Full Name:Seth Gee

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

They way our society has drastically  changed for the worse.

#37 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I'm irked that my new TV provider bundles Spike with premium channels.  :angry:

And that's why I'm on Dish.  The only channel I don't get in AT200, that I really want, is DIY.  Although most of the shows are stupid, you can learn some pretty cool things on there.  But we get a free preview of it like every couple months so, it's like a part time subscription.  :lol:

I work for a company that does cable support (no not Dish) and what irked me today was policy.  We HAVE to troubleshoot with customers before sending a tech or replacing equipment.  A very elderly woman broke her antique dishes trying to reset a modem after I told her she needed to.  That's just wrong.

Edited by Skydime, 20 September 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#38 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,268 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Geez, did the bearing seize up?

That it did. And again- no squeal, no chirp, not a sound. It just... stopped.

And yeah- I can feel for the third shifters out there. We do 90% of the work for 0% of the glory. It's like that everywhere I've ever been.

#39 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Had a storm come through Collins yesterday, and went down to check out the damage. I could tell right away that it was  microburst damage, and not tornadic. Tried explaining that to some people in Collins I know that it was NOT a tornado, and all they could do was say was "It was a tornado!!!" Talked to a Missouri Highway Patrol officer, who agreed with me that it was a microburst, still those same people say "Tornado, tornado, tornado." Got a callback from the National Weather Service, telling me there were no signs of tornadic vorticies at all during the time the damage was done, still those people screamed "Tornado, tornado, tornado...

#40 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,690 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

still those people screamed "Tornado, tornado, tornado...

Just let them be.  For the next 30 years they'll be talking about the day the tornado blew through!  B)