#1741 bobthehobbyguy

bobthehobbyguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Taber

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Stupid drivers irked me today. Come out of the driveway did the look in all directions twice. Now the street is barely wide enough for two cars and no on street parking. Have to watch that on coming traffic isn't taking the middle. Start going down the street and glance in rear view mirror and see a pickup so close I can't see his headlights. If I had to stop he was rear ending me.
Get to town and heading to post office and am on a one way street . Down at intersection car turns ignoring one way signs and the fact the both lanes have cars coming at him so he has to dive into a driveway to get out of the way.

This happens for a trip to town that is about 6 miles. Doesn't include the usual red light runners.

#1742 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

That this has to be done!

https://m.yahoo.com/...ntl=US&.lang=en

#1743 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,177 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Stupid drivers irked me today. Come out of the driveway did the look in all directions twice. Now the street is barely wide enough for two cars and no on street parking. Have to watch that on coming traffic isn't taking the middle. Start going down the street and glance in rear view mirror and see a pickup so close I can't see his headlights. If I had to stop he was rear ending me.
Get to town and heading to post office and am on a one way street . Down at intersection car turns ignoring one way signs and the fact the both lanes have cars coming at him so he has to dive into a driveway to get out of the way.

This happens for a trip to town that is about 6 miles. Doesn't include the usual red light runners.

Had a guy pull out in front of me so close he had to take the shoulder to keep ME from hitting him, then he had the nerve to follow me flashing his lights at me like it was my fault he pulled out in front of me. 

#1744 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Had a lady yell at me today for selling her a Jada Toys R/C Lambo that was missing the controller then telling her I couldn't take it back because she didn't buy it from us, as we don't carry the qny Jada products, let alone that car. Then buy the Maisto R/C Lambo I had shown her when she was in a couple weeks back because she needed the birthday gift today.

#1745 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,482 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

Yesterday on my way home from work... HIghway 95 has a long acceleration ramp so you can get up to speed and slide into the  moving traffic.  Numpty in front of me lumbers along and gets up to maybe 45. He gets to the end of the ramp and STOPS.  IDIOT!  Now we're both sitting there stopped with cars whizzing by!  So this idiot is just frozen there.  I'm waiting for him to find an opening.. when I notice IDIOT NUMBER TWO... a high 4x4 pickup that's gotten impatient and is now trying to pass both of us in the shoulder!  So IDIOT NUMBER ONE finally gets a brief opening in the traffic and starts out... does he floor it?  No, he just meanders out and almost gets rear ended since traffic is running at 65 plus and he's going 20.  That got me wondering if he did that there every day!

Edited by Tom Geiger, 13 June 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#1746 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

I've seen that several times... people stopping at the end of the freeway entrance ramp!

I guess they don't know that the whole point of a long entrance ramp is so that you have enough roadway to "get up to speed" and enter the actual highway without disrupting the traffic already on it.

Sometimes I wonder how clueless people like that manage to survive.  :rolleyes:

#1747 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,747 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

My all time favorite? The guy who strode up, put his coke on my hood then put his foot on the bumper to tie his sneaker... and couldn't understand what was wrong with me when I yelled at him!  

Sounds like that guy wanted to be decked in the face.

#1748 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

Its pure dumb luck

#1749 Thatswhatshesaid

Thatswhatshesaid

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Full Name:Jake McGillicutty

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

I've seen that several times... people stopping at the end of the freeway entrance ramp!

I guess they don't know that the whole point of a long entrance ramp is so that you have enough roadway to "get up to speed" and enter the actual highway without disrupting the traffic already on it.

I'm convinced that merging is the impossible.

#1750 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Its pure dumb luck

Must be.

#1751 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Of course, the flip side to the clueless wonders who don't understand the function of an on-ramp and the concept of merging are the bozos already on the highway who seem to think that they own the road and anyone else who's trying to get on needs to be kept from doing so at all costs.

#1752 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Nothing and nobody irked me today, so I'm going to get ready for pizza, pool, popcorn, and WWE Friday Night Smackdown.

#1753 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,482 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Sometimes I wonder how clueless people like that manage to survive.   :rolleyes:

There's a reference work you can consult.... watch the movie Forrest Gump!  

The thing that really irked me was when it happened I was thinking old lady or young girl... someone who wouldn't know better.  But when I got up alongside the car to glare in, it was a middle aged guy just sitting back numptying along.  So you know he's been ticking off people for decades, and probably caused a bunch of accidents in his wake (they never get in them!). And the sad part is at his age... he's never been a decent driver and won't improve any either! 

#1754 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

Nothing and nobody irked me today, so I'm going to get ready for pizza, pool, popcorn, and WWE Friday Night Smackdown.

What are you going to do when that "smackdown" show goes off the air?

#1755 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

OK, so Saturday is the due date for my license plates (metal tax receipt) which are way too expensive here in Indiana and then  here in my county we get a county greed (wheel) tax added to make it worse. So let's say I'm beyond broke. So now the garage door spring breaks trapping my Manx and all three Harleys inside. And of course the weekend forecast is beautiful.

#1756 Danny Lectro

Danny Lectro

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Full Name:formerly bronxrumble5

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'm irked by the fact that a few people here don't seem to get the "No Politics" rule.

#1757 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

Craig, I can get a garage door spring replaced in an hour.

#1758 JohnU

JohnU

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Full Name:John Urminski

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Whiners complaining about being broke with three Harley's in their garage! LOL!!!

#1759 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,995 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

The thing that really irked me was when it happened I was thinking old lady or young girl... someone who wouldn't know better.  But when I got up alongside the car to glare in, it was a middle aged guy just sitting back numptying along.  So you know he's been ticking off people for decades, and probably caused a bunch of accidents in his wake (they never get in them!). And the sad part is at his age... he's never been a decent driver and won't improve any either! 

And the odds are he was driving a Prius.

#1760 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,747 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

The cost of renewing my tags doesn't bother me, it's just the fact they're due on my birthday. It's like the state saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY... That'll be sixty-one bucks, please." :wacko: