#21 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

I've been tossed from a few cars and didn't die, but it sure did hurt. I've had a few hard front end hits that didn't eject me, but did do damage. So far, the only times I've been killed involving a car invilved bailing out to avaid getting hit by a train, and one time when the car exploded on me. Oh, and I also accidently bailed out of the blimp without a 'chute :o :o

Personally, I like the weapon wheel, it's virtually identical to the one used in RDR. Not sure about the radio, still working out what the stations are.

Not to start any spoilers, but has anyone else ran into anyone from GTA4? Don't mention character names if you have, just to prevent spoilers. So far, I've met one, was somewhat suprised to meet this particular person, but it was pretty cool.

Yep I know who your talking about. I met him in the short cut scene before Trevor got his way. I really liked him too and I hate how Rockstar killed him off like that, to be honest I almost cried.

#22 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Uummm, no, it's not the one you're thinking. I know who you mean (I saw a spoiler on another site), but I met this one in a Random Encounter playing as Franklin.

#23 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Picked up my copy Tuesday around 11am, been playing since, I think I am at 37% so far, I have to say, this is by far my favorite GTA.

#24 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Uummm, no, it's not the one you're thinking. I know who you mean (I saw a spoiler on another site), but I met this one in a Random Encounter playing as Franklin.

Ahh ok. Was it one of the three brothers from IV? As for the one I was talking about if you played the TLAD DLC you knew who he was, you might even say he was "Lost" .

#25 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Ahh ok. Was it one of the three brothers from IV? As for the one I was talking about if you played the TLAD DLC you knew who he was, you might even say he was "Lost" .

Well, four brothers and a sister ;)

#26 chevyfever2009

chevyfever2009

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Busbey

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

All I gotta say this game I'd very addicting and you will lose track of time playing it!!!!

#27 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Very addicting yes . i pre ordered mine but had to pick up on Friday on way home from work. Also got the guide to help out .

haven't really done much but a few missions  Franklin and Michael opened up . i bought the special edition with the small extras .

Michael

PS watch out in grand senora desert for an abandoned car a Bf surfer ! Bad things happen to your guy

Edited by hvymtl, 22 September 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#28 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

I saw the coolest easter egg last night. It's referencing "No country for old men". It's near the base of mount chiliad. You pull up and there are a bunch of trucks in a circle riddled with bullet holes and a lot of dead guys, and one guy that's barely alive tells you that the case is down the hill, if you go down the hill there is a silver briefcase and a dying man next to it. He tells you what ever you do not to take the case. Well I took it and was chased down by two guys on bikes shooting at me. Once they "stopped" chasing me I realized that you get $25000 from the case.

Hey Michael did you get the map on blueprint paper that says "Trevor phillips enterprises". If you did black light it.

Edited by Austin T, 23 September 2013 - 01:06 AM.

#29 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I finally got some time back in with the game, and got Trevor into Los Santos so that all three characters are playable again.  I find they managed to work the characters with enough back story and "feel" that I want to play each of them differently.  It's a lot easier to go all buck-wild killing spree with Trevor, than say Franklin who was never really a serious trouble maker.

Gotta say I wish the Bounty Hunting missions you do with Trevor were a little more clear as to the location of the bail skipper.  A sat photo doesn't do much when you're trying to compare it to the paper map that comes with the game.

#30 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Found this story online. Apparently GTA V has a problem with it...

http://games.yahoo.c...-170530151.html

The game is stealing the cars from players! :lol:

#31 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

I have not had it happen yet, but I have not customized any cars yet, but its been well noted here

http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/

#32 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Stiles

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

HAHAHA I thought it was just me,I lost two cars so far......ohhh well,I will just steal another....and another...and another and....

#33 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Austin yes i got the map but i will have to find me a black light lmao . As for the Mt Chilliad event i wonder if you will keep

having guys always after you ? Not like it is anything unusual for this series

When i get back top the game time i will check it all out .

Michael

#34 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have the same map, I'll have to try the black light thing, too.

#35 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Gotta say I wish the Bounty Hunting missions you do with Trevor were a little more clear as to the location of the bail skipper.  A sat photo doesn't do much when you're trying to compare it to the paper map that comes with the game.

I hear you. The first one wasn't too bad, but the others have been a pain to try to find them. I also ran into a an issue with the one on the top of Mt. Chilliad. Took several attempts to work my way up there (Kept getting killed by police or falling off cliffs :rolleyes: ), then when I finally got there, the suspect wasn't there! Second tile I went up, he was there, but bailed before I could nab him, ended up shooting him, lowering the payout.

Edited by Longbox55, 25 September 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#36 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Finished the story, chose option 3

FYI, if any of you have have unlocked the assassination missions , DO NOT COMPLETE THEM tell you finish the story,  if you wait, it will be well worth it,  you just have to listen to the dialog very closely ,   it has to do with the stock market

I didnt wait , and so I am going to start a new game and leave those for after the story

#37 chevyfever2009

chevyfever2009

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

HAHAHA I thought it was just me,I lost two cars so far......ohhh well,I will just steal another....and another...and another and....

Go check the inpound lot that's where I found mine sitting after they "disappeared"

#38 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Go check the inpound lot that's where I found mine sitting after they "disappeared"

Funny I paid the money to get Franklin's Charger out of impound only to get home and find it already parked in the garage...

#39 chevyfever2009

chevyfever2009

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

Funny I paid the money to get Franklin's Charger out of impound only to get home and find it already parked in the garage...

Yea that happen to me once with micheals escalade

#40 chevyfever2009

chevyfever2009

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Finished the story, chose option 3

FYI, if any of you have have unlocked the assassination missions , DO NOT COMPLETE THEM tell you finish the story,  if you wait, it will be well worth it,  you just have to listen to the dialog very closely ,   it has to do with the stock market

I didnt wait , and so I am going to start a new game and leave those for after the story

You can replay the missions