#41 Trailking120

Trailking120

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Full Name:Justin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

My understanding is the AMT KW Challenge mixer mold was destroyed as was the W900's molds.  The W900 mold was retooled to make the incorrect T600.  The crusieliner was reissued about 5 yr ago.  As for me I would like to see some new trucks and trailers about a Mack Granite or modern lowboy?   I suggested to Stevens at the NNL east show  that some newer trucks models would most likely be a hit. To keep cost down I suggested that maybe a guilder style kit that the modeler could then finish any way they wanted.   B)

Edited by Trailking120, 28 February 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#42 Thatswhatshesaid

Thatswhatshesaid

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Full Name:Jake McGillicutty

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

My understanding is the AMT KW Challenge mixer mold was destroyed as was the W900's molds.  The W900 mold was retooled to make the incorrect T600.  The crusieliner was reissued about 5 yr ago.  As for me I would like to see some new trucks and trailers about a Mack Granite or modern lowboy?   I suggested to Stevens at the NNL east show  that some newer trucks models would most likely be a hit. To keep cost down I suggested that maybe a guilder style kit that the modeler could then finish any way they wanted.   B)

The KW W900 molds were altered to the T600. New molds would have to be done to bring that one back. No one seems to know the fate of the mixer body itself. I would imagine it is lost too.
Apparently there will be new truck/ trailer kits will be announced later this year from Italeri and Moebius. Chuckyr seems to be in the know on this.

#43 chitownbri

chitownbri

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Full Name:brian von

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

since amt is big into movie tie-ins right now a truck that i think would sell good is the lead truck from "maximum overdive". amt pretty much already has the tractor and trailer, all they would have to tool up is the goblin head and a different sleeper for the tractor and the appropiate decals.

#44 Old Buckaroo

Old Buckaroo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Full Name:Sean Davis

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

since amt is big into movie tie-ins right now a truck that i think would sell good is the lead truck from "maximum overdive". amt pretty much already has the tractor and trailer, all they would have to tool up is the goblin head and a different sleeper for the tractor and the appropiate decals.

I have thought that would be a good one to build also.  Wouldn't  be too hard to scratch build. 

#45 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Glasby

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

It's a pity that amt doesn't appear to be looking at doing a new truck. A new Kenworht would be a great seller I believe or a Mack Granite or Titam. I think Moebius is probably the best chance of any more new trucks. Drake Trailers and Kenworth Australia have given approval of a 1/24-25 kit to be done. It was in the latest issue of Truck Model World magazine. Didn't say which company was being used. So here's hoping.

Ben