RJWood

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Wood

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

John,
Hey bud, it was good to see you and yak with ya at the NNL. Guys, I'm here to tell ya John is no slouch when it comes to building bitchin, badass drag models! Have you got any pics of your stuff on here? (Drag model forum) If not, then you should!

TimP

I agree Tim, John (Fuelish Spectator) is an exceptional builder. Even his Rat Rod looks like it could blow the doors off a
Funny Car. LOL.
I think he has a pic posted here in this Drag Racing Models Forum. Page 5. Super Brut fuel altered.

Edited by RJWood, 14 November 2007 - 02:34 PM.

#22 FuelishSpectator

FuelishSpectator

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Full Name:John Hilkert AKA:Fuelish

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

I agree Tim, John (Fuelish Spectator) is an exceptional builder. Even his Rat Rod looks like it could blow the doors off a
Funny Car. LOL.
I think he has a pic posted here in this Drag Racing Models Forum. Page 5. Super Brut fuel altered.

Tim and Ron Thanx for the compliments. I don't want to steal Tim's thunder even though this is topic is all about him and his boat....
Now for a question to Tim... I can't place it.... Maybe on another message board you spoke of that you have 2 more Hydros?
I been wanting to build a top fuel hydro ever since you guys had that hydro contest in Arizona many years ago. And now the question Can you help me find one to purchase. Presently emailing to some guy named Jim Richardson who might have a distance connection to a Top Fuel Hydro. Sorry for the delay I been working long hours all week long so I only check in once a week if that....
Fuelish

PS... Right when I ask low and behold Don Thune of Reliable Resin posted a 1/25 scale drag boat in Resin

Tim I still need you too help me if you can regardless if Don boat comes thru...
Fuelish

Edited by FuelishSpectator, 21 November 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#23 Tim Pentecost

Tim Pentecost

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

[I been wanting to build a top fuel hydro ever since you guys had that hydro contest in Arizona many years ago. And now the question Can you help me find one to purchase. Presently emailing to some guy named Jim Richardson who might have a distance connection to a Top Fuel Hydro. Sorry for the delay I been working long hours all week long so I only check in once a week if that....
Fuelish

PS... Right when I ask low and behold Don Thune of Reliable Resin posted a 1/25 scale drag boat in Resin

Tim I still need you too help me if you can regardless if Don boat comes thru...
Fuelish
[/quote]

John,
Sorry 'bout the delay in getting back to you. Since Tuesday, I've been up on the mountain scouting for elk with my neighbor. He has an elk tag this year and I promised to show him some places I know.
Anywhoo, to answer your questions, I don't recall ever mentioning that I had 2 more boats out there, as this is the only one I have built at the present. I'd like to do a few more, eventually, but none in the pipeline right now.
As for Jim Richards; it is his hull that I built. Him and Jay Moody WERE partners in a business called Cast Masters. They are no longer together and I don't know how much, if any, of there stuff is out there. If I were you, I'd contact Chuck Miers at Altered States and see if he still is producing them. I promise, you won't regret his quality. He is the BEST by far and I HIGHLY recommend him over ANYBODY!! If it doesn't work out with Chuck, let me know! I know there are some of his boat hulls in Albuquerque, NM but I don't know if they are available. IF they are, be prepared to drop some serious coin. (I suspect, but don't know that for a fact.) Again, it will be WORTH it to get Chuck's castings over anyone else yopu would care to deal with!!!!
Hope this helps and I'm not too late!

TimP