30 replies to this topic

#21 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

Man, Juha's Marauder is SPECTACULAR!   Just WOW! 

I have the AirTrax '69 Chrysler 300 and '80 Mirada kits. 

TIM 

#22 Antikainen

Antikainen

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Full Name:Jarkko Antikainen

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Yes Tim, it is simply stunning!

#23 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

that Marauder is awesome, simply awesome and to be built from a ford galaxie? wow...and that's not even to notice the ultra detailing under the hood. im trippin on that master cylinder.

ive got an airtrax VW karman ghia type 3 transkit for the Tamiya ghia, and would like to get to it soonish.

jb

Edited by jbwelda, 17 January 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#24 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Bob, send an E-Mail to raurata@yahoo.com.

Last weekend, it was a Model Contest called Nordic Challenge here in Finland. Juha's Marauder was also there (The one I posted those pictures of) and there was the piece of paper next to every model with model's name and a short description. On Juha's Marauder, there read that it's built from AMT '69 Galaxie. That must have required lots of cutting and slicing! :blink:

Remember folks, we're talking about a man that turns Ramblers into Studebakers and shows us that 1955 Plymouths and Chevrolets can share lots of parts with a little massaging...

I wish I could blow the dough for one of these. I always thought the Marauder was a cool-looking ride. That satin black trunk, especially when paired with copper or red looks so good. And I usually don't like the satin black thing, but somehow, on this car, it looks right.

Charlie Larkin

#25 imatt88

imatt88

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Full Name:Ian Matthews

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hey all,

I heard that there was a new resin '70 Marauder kit out there, but I can't seem to find much info about it..

Is it true, and if so, where do  I get one........ :wub:

Cheers,   Ian

#26 imatt88

imatt88

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Full Name:Ian Matthews

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Casey,

Thanks for the info.  :)  Just shot them an e-mail

Cheers,   Ian

#27 Bob Ellis

Bob Ellis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Ellis

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

These Marauder castings are about the most perfect resin castings that I have ever seen. It is designed to use the AMT '69 Galaxie as a core kit. It includes etching for emblems as well. The bumpers are not plated, so you must Alcad them or send them off to plating.

Attached Files

#28 Bob Ellis

Bob Ellis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Ellis

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

This '69 Mercury Marquis convertible is basically the same car as the Marauder. It has a 360 HP 429 cubic inch engine with dual exhaust. The only way to tell a '69 Mercury from a '70 Mercury is the front turn signal light and the tail lights. These differences are very subtle

My thought is to modify the resin Marauder body to a Marquis convertible. I figure the chance of ever seeing this car in styrene 1/25 kit form is about as good as winning Powerball.

Attached Files

#29 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

This '69 Mercury Marquis convertible is basically the same car as the Marauder. It has a 360 HP 429 cubic inch engine with dual exhaust. The only way to tell a '69 Mercury from a '70 Mercury is the front turn signal light and the tail lights. These differences are very subtle

My thought is to modify the resin Marauder body to a Marquis convertible. I figure the chance of ever seeing this car in styrene 1/25 kit form is about as good as winning Powerball.

I made this one from the AMT '69 Ford XL Hardtop, so the conversion you want to do is possible.

Mamameetingjuly212012025.jpg

#30 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

One to keep in mind also is the Marauder is on a 3 inch shorter wheelbase than the Monterey and Marquis (121 vs 124).   The Marauder shared the 121 inch wheelbase w/ the Galaxie.

Edited by Rob Hall, 07 March 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#31 jeffb

jeffb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

i missed one at our last club meeting..50 bucks.....