#21 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Ha!  Just reminded of an old story by Kevin's!

Back in the dark ages, I was coming home in the early evening in Manalapan, NJ. I had just turned off Route 33 onto the local road and was waiting at a traffic light. There was a big delivery truck behind me. A lady in a new Mercedes pulled up next to me (in the left turn lane), and when the light changed, she took off straight and cut me off to get ahead of me and the truck.  Oh well.  She didn't half a mile when a huge buck came crashing over a hedge and landed square on her hood! Karma in motion!  Loads of damage including a broken windshield. Deer was dead on arrival.  Both the truck and I pulled over and this lady was hysterical.  The first words were spoke by the truck driver, "Hey lady, do you want the deer?"  I figured that was my ticket out of there. I told them I'd go and find a payphone to call it in,  so I left him with her since he was going to retrieve the meat! 

Edited by Tom Geiger, 08 October 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#22 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Just this July my buddies Mom and Step dad were out test riding the new bike. His son just spent all spring getting it cleaned up and running right. They were slowing down for some deer in the road ahead of them, when a deer runs into the side of them . They were just about stopped and she ended up with a broken arm and he got a bad sprain .We were three hours away camping when he got the call . He was sober and trying to tell us how they were hit by the deer and they did not hit the deer.