hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi Guys,

While at the IPMS Orlando show this weekend, I had a chance to speak with one of the Mobeius reps.  He said surprisingly that the Prostar was a very slow selling product!  He added that the Lonestar was a good mover for them, which surprised him, as you see very few on the road.  I thanked him for all their hard work aimed towards us truck and automotive builders.  He did add that they have many products ready for production, but must wait for the manufacturing facilities overseas to actually produce and ship the finished kits.  Picked up my first Prostar and am waiting for "Cargostar" Dave to release his Prostar day cab! 

David

#2 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hey Boys....I guess we'd better break some of out piggy banks and change that....

#3 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Glasby

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm surprised as well. There's not many in progress on here yet. I better get one as well. I've already bought and built 2 lonestars. One out of the box and the second as a t904 kenworth with an auslowe conversion kit.

[quote name="hooknladderno1" post="1020034" timestamp="1380512360"]Hi Guys,
While at the IPMS Orlando show this weekend, I had a chance to speak with one of the Mobeius reps.  He said surprisingly that the Prostar was a very slow selling product!  He added that the Lonestar was a good mover for them, which surprised him, as you see very few on the road.  I thanked him for all their hard work aimed towards us truck and automotive builders.  He did add that they have many products ready for production, but must wait for the manufacturing facilities overseas to actually produce and ship the finished kits.  Picked up my first Prostar and am waiting for "Cargostar" Dave to release his Prostar day cab! 

Any hints given for future truck releases from moebius?

#4 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Did my part on Saturday. Picked up a ProState & a 1/16 W900.

#5 tbill

tbill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Full Name:tom billings

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

doing what I can, have the prostar the lonestar and the reefer trailer....

#6 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Ordered a moebius prostar online last night. None at the hobby shops here in Australia so far.

Ben

#7 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Got my three............... wrong got 2 trucks and 6 trailers

Edited by Mr mopar, 01 October 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#8 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

It seems to be a bad time for model kit purchases right now! Kits that mormally sell for 100.00 on Ebay aren't even getting 40.00! I have a bunch of kits on Ebay with really low starting bids and no reserve and I haven't even had a bid on some of them.

#9 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

It seems to be a bad time for model kit purchases right now! Kits that mormally sell for 100.00 on Ebay aren't even getting 40.00! I have a bunch of kits on Ebay with really low starting bids and no reserve and I haven't even had a bid on some of them.

I've noticed some are sitting as well. Rare stuff like the ertl 4070a move and there is an amtm1/32 ford ltl 9000 that has already been bidded on.

Ben

#10 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

I spoke to Frank as well. Actually speak to him alot. He told me the same thing about the prostar. But I think that will pick up as there are more seen built. Also the europeans don't seem to be as interested in the Prostar. I actually agree with them. I prefer the Lonestar. But I was also told there is something in the pipe line that we are all going to be very very happy about. I did buy 1 more prostar and 2 more lonestars at the IPMS Orlando Show.

so far I have 3 built lonestars
Standard 
Wrecker
Tri Axle

Still have to build
2 more RG Lonestars
2 more Moebius Lonestars
2 Moebius Prostars.

#11 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

I spoke to Frank as well. Actually speak to him alot. He told me the same thing about the prostar. But I think that will pick up as there are more seen built. Also the europeans don't seem to be as interested in the Prostar. I actually agree with them. I prefer the Lonestar. But I was also told there is something in the pipe line that we are all going to be very very happy about. I did buy 1 more prostar and 2 more lonestars at the IPMS Orlando Show.

Standard 
Wrecker
Tri Axle

Still have to build
2 more RG Lonestars
2 more Moebius Lonestars
2 Moebius Prostars.

Always good to see guys like you (and me) buying these kits two and three at a time. Helps keep truck modelling alive! 

#12 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I can't play with ebay too much

I don't have pay-Bay, so need to find sellers who

accept Postal Money Order.

It is also why I don't have the Prostar yet too.

#13 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Standard 
Wrecker
Tri Axle
Still have to build
2 more RG Lonestars
2 more Moebius Lonestars
2 Moebius Prostars.

So, did he hint what was in the pipeline? I hope it's a Mack.

Ben

#14 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

So, did he hint what was in the pipeline? I hope it's a Mack.

Ben

He did but I cannot elaborate at this time.

#15 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Always good to see guys like you (and me) buying these kits two and three at a time. Helps keep truck modelling alive! 

When money allows I try to. If you have a chance to attend a show Moebius is at bring extra money they are always selling damage box kits for much less then retail

#16 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

who knows it mite be a flatbed trailer or //////??/ :rolleyes: whats up adam.

#17 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

He did but I cannot elaborate at this time.

Is there a time frame when it will be revealed?

Ben

#18 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Not surprised.  I would expect the Lonestar to sell more than the Prostar.  There are few true truck model builders, at least in the US.  In my estimation, the Lonestar sold more because in many car model builder's minds it is looks like a 1930's whatever car that can be modified into some weird hot rod or used as a back drop to some race car hauler.  Basically used with some type of race car. 

The Prostar is not a chromed-up tractor, like your typical Pete or KW.  When you see them on the roads, they are generally fleet prime movers.  Not very glamors. 

I hope Moebius continues to offer new big rig truck subjects in the future, but...

#19 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

When money allows I try to. If you have a chance to attend a show Moebius is at bring extra money they are always selling damage box kits for much less then retail

True this.  Moebius was in Atlanta earlier this year at a model event and they had some kits for good prices.  But finding Moebius kits for reasonable prices on the net is not difficult.

#20 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,967 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I picked up my ProStar kit for under $50