#21 Mach1revo

Mach1revo

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

The box behind the batteries is a wet tank for hydraulic fluid. The pump is actually just on the other side of the frame rail driven by a PTO.

#22 tbill

tbill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • Full Name:tom billings

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Jason, thanks, one more item to put on the list of things to try. again, great looking build.

#23 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Nice!  It needs to be weathered a bit and taken outside and photographed in a realistic setting.

#24 FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Full Name:Anthony DeMichael

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Tom, thats an easy one! The exhaust manifold are painted with a two part system called sophisticated finishes antiquing solutions. Its available at Michaels cradft stores. The first part is a iron colored paint that has real iron dust in it. The second part is a chemical solution you brush on in multiple coats that rusts the paint. I follow that with a black wash and a silver drybrush to hit the highlights.

Wow! I was just about to ask this question because I got so excited when I saw the turbo and exhaust parts! Good thing I took a deep breath and read through first! :) I am building a 4300 as we speak as my first build and this is serving as basically a walk through! Looks great man!

#25 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,850 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

It looks fantastic!

If it was mine, though, I'd add some sort of company name and graphics (logo, phone #, etc.) on the doors.

#26 le_marbrier

le_marbrier

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Full Name:Franck MOUTON

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

awesome painting work on the engine and interior...the rest of the truck too !

#27 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I have three built up 4300's in the stash that are due for rebuilding. I've started two and you've given me some ideas... I think this beast is the most heavy-duty 4300 I've seen.

On a scale note, I mix 1/24 and 1/25 parts all the time with no issues. The Italeri floats look fine to me, as well. Tires come in all sizes... sometimes you just have to go big. ;^)

#28 Mach1revo

Mach1revo

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for all the compliments!! Harry i will be adding logos. I need to do the tag along trailer with a John Deere 310 combo on it still. The dump box will also have a load of gravel in it and i will weather all three together. Just havent started the other parts yet. Thats why the lift axle is in the down position in preparation for the rest of the build.

#29 olsbooks

olsbooks

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Full Name:jesse corbett

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Just need a puddle of oil and hydraulic fluid underneath and a bag of potato chips on the cab floor.  Incredible job!

You guys blow me away on  interiors.....and just when I thought I was getting decent...you raise the bar again! 

Keep it up!

#30 Heartattaq

Heartattaq

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Full Name:Derick Blair

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Great weathering and detail work, that dash is sick. If my memory serves me my friends dad had a truck almost identical to this riguyt down to the paint, brings back childhood memories.