#1 LOBBS

LOBBS

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Full Name:Kyle "LOBBS" Laubscher

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:23 AM

Robert Peeples on the HHMB saw my attempt at an oil tank for the Revell Z06 and offered to cut one for me on his lathe. I sent him all the info I had and today the part came in.
Posted Image
He asked nothing in return for his efforts other than I help someone else out in the future.

So, in return I will be casting this piece and offer free resin pieces to the first 10 people interested in performing this correction of the great Revell Z06.

#2 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

I'd be interested Kyle!!

PM me please! :lol:

#3 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:51 AM

So, in return I will be casting this piece and offer free resin pieces to the first 10 people interested in performing this correction ..........

Good for you LOBBS! While I don't need one, I just wanted to acknowledge your gesture. Excellant idea!

#4 Ken

Ken

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Kilbourn

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:34 PM

I will take one as well if they are not all gone!!!!

#5 LOBBS

LOBBS

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Full Name:Kyle "LOBBS" Laubscher

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:24 PM

Here's the new tank dropped down into it's location. Still have a little shaping to do on the new inner fender that's required to make it fit.

In 1:1, it's a pretty tight fit between the firewall and the inner fender. Even after thinning the kit firewall almost paper-thin, I still had to add a little material to the inner fender and file out the kit inner fender well. It's still pretty rough right now but when I get done it'll be hard to tell it's been modified. No concerns about interference with the suspension/tires.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
TIA for looking.