Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Semantics?

1951 Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe Sport Coupe (according to Chevrolet).

51-Chevy_Styleline_Deluxe-Dv-07-HPA-02.j

Search '1951 Chevrolet Convertible Coupe' ~ you'll get nothing (except convertibles).

Semantics?

I've "heard" lots of things that aren't true or correct.

Semantics?

"Meh" is not a word. 

Guys stop this, PLEASE.  It was my typo as I was assembling the list.  I have seen hardtop coupe as well.  I was transcribing from my notes as the 2014 stuff was in no literature.  Sorry

#42 retroguy

retroguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Full Name:Michael

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

why is it that no one is putting out some NASCAR kits,specifically old school...

the two that I know of is the Petty dart and Fred Lorenzens Galaxie...

and Fireball Roberts car...

Edited by retroguy, 06 October 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#43 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

No, you get this:

Thanks for the pic, Gerry.

I see fauxback Countdown box art for the Baldwin-Motion '70-1/2 Camaro, too.

#44 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

What is that wrong with it?  It's not perfect, but a nice kit.

To me the rear quarters seemed "pinched" from a side profile. Johan nails that body style perfectly, but those are getting hard to find. :(

#45 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

To me the rear quarters seemed "pinched" from a side profile. Johan nails that body style perfectly, but those are getting hard to find. :(

Not judging 'till I got a kit in my hands, but one would assume that after 2 times trying to kit a decent '70 'cuda one would compare vintage annual kits to data obtained through measuring and photographing a real vehicle to create the ultimate kit.

Again not judging because the shape of the 83 era Monogram kit probably clouds or how do you say that my mind.

#46 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hi Luc! I think he was talking about Round 2's '68 Roadrunner (redone '69 GTX) and not Monogram's version from the '80's. Monogram's wasn't bad, but I never liked how AMT did the body on the '69 GTX. I have one of Johan's original bodies, and comparing it to AMT's and with pics I have--------Johan's version is MUCH better! When they did the newer tool '70 Dodge Coronet back in the late '80's/early '90's, it looks like AMT simply tried to base the '69 Plymouth off the same body, when in the 1:1 world they are quite different.

I'm not holding out hope that they're going to tool an all new body-------from the description given in the list, it looks to be a "modified reisssue". :(

#47 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

my bad ;^)

But you're absolutely right about the ertl designed Mopar B-Body, the Jo-Han body combined with the ertl underpinnings is darn near perfection.

#48 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

the Jo-Han body combined with the ertl underpinnings is darn near perfection.

You got that right! I'm holding on to my Johan body for that very reason! :P

#49 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Correction on the 70 Dodge Coronet/Super Bee. it is the ORIGINAL ANNUAL Body & Interior

Tub with the chassis/engine from the 68/9 kit.

In order AMT/Ertl tooled the 68 Road Runner, then the 69 Convertible,

They also offered the 68 RR as a Street Machine/Pro-Street. The 69 Hardtop- came out First 

with that same Street Machine/Prostreet chassis/engine, Then as a Stock version.

Where you make the mistake, is thinking that the 70 Coronet was New in any way.

The Chrome was re-tooled, but the body & interior TUB are taken Directly from the Original Annual MPC kit

I can show you pic's of My Original Annual awaiting resto completion if you like

If there is any body mis-shaping, it started in the 68, not as a result of back-dating the 70..

Back on subject, I want the Moebius Pontiac, Comet & Ford pickups!

And hope most of the parts are back in the Rescue version Chevy Van.

Also, The Ghostbusters kit announced is the Polar-Lights Snap kit, Not the AMT kit in stores now!!

Though they are based on the same masters!!!

#50 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Correction on the 70 Dodge Coronet/Super Bee. it is the ORIGINAL ANNUAL Body & Interior

The Chrome was re-tooled, but the body & interior TUB are taken Directly from the Original Annual MPC kit

I can show you pic's of My Original Annual awaiting resto completion if you like

Are you sure, the grille has been retooled, cuz there's some imperfections on the ribbing on the LH side IIRC, like that there was, an emblem or so, that later has been removed, but left irregularities.

What I also find odd is that when one bothers to retool something, that that part isn't upgraded, like in this case, why no headlamp buckets with clear lenses, and or the grilles separate from the splashpan and surround for easier detail painting.

Anyway the path to the parts breakdown of a future kit I think would be an interesting topic ;^)

#51 pack rat

pack rat

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Wherry

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Are you sure, the grille has been retooled, cuz there's some imperfections on the ribbing on the LH side IIRC, like that there was, an emblem or so, that later has been removed, but left irregularities.

What I also find odd is that when one bothers to retool something, that that part isn't upgraded, like in this case, why no headlamp buckets with clear lenses, and or the grilles separate from the splashpan and surround for easier detail painting.

Anyway the path to the parts breakdown of a future kit I think would be an interesting topic ;^)

The grille in the original annual had no engraved emblems.  The kit contained two tiny Super Bee emblems, according to the instructions one was to be attached to the grille.  On the retooled grille "Dodge" lettering was engraved in that location.

#52 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Tub with the chassis/engine from the 68/9 kit.

In order AMT/Ertl tooled the 68 Road Runner, then the 69 Convertible,

They also offered the 68 RR as a Street Machine/Pro-Street. The 69 Hardtop- came out First 

with that same Street Machine/Prostreet chassis/engine, Then as a Stock version.

Where you make the mistake, is thinking that the 70 Coronet was New in any way.

If there is any body mis-shaping, it started in the 68, not as a result of back-dating the 70..

Back on subject, I want the Moebius Pontiac, Comet & Ford pickups!

And hope most of the parts are back in the Rescue version Chevy Van.

Also, The Ghostbusters kit announced is the Polar-Lights Snap kit, Not the AMT kit in stores now!!

Though they are based on the same masters!!!

Either which way, the Ertl '68-'69 Plymouths are misshapen to my eyes just the same. I thought that when Round 2 (or whomever) did the reissue of the '70 Coronet, that's when they went back to the original body, but used the more up to date tooling for the chassis and whatnot. 

I could be wrong as I'm no expert on kits and their origins.........I only go for what looks right, and the newer tool '68-9 Plymouths to me just don't look right to me compared to Johan's versions, and tons of pics I have of the car. ;)

#53 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

I have both the Original annual I bought New, and a Retro Deluxe re-issue.

The grills in the 2 are different.

The Original has a detail Not in the Retro.

There is a surround in the original that is not in the newer re-issue

You can add that by gluing .01 inch styrene strip into the grill openings 

but it should be there in the piece.

I wish my camera was good at macro-close ups but it is not!!

#54 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,193 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

"Definitely would love to see the new Corvette kitted, coupe and convertible.  Along w/ the new Viper and many others... alas, Revell and Round 2 seem to have a narrow focus on vintage subjects only these days." 

One would think a brand new Corvette model kit would be a sure thing. If there was ever a kit that should not only be introduced, but with todays technology could and should hit the store shelves with a few months of the 1:1 release, than the 2014 Corvette is it. 

If Revell were/is doing the 2014 Vette,  released in time for the 2016/2017 Vettes to go on sale :lol:

#55 azers

azers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Full Name:Joe l. Spitzer

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think round 2 will kit the new vette first given their track record.

#56 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,193 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think round 2 will kit the new vette first given their track record.

Under the "Show Room Replica's", so it will be a basic snap kit for the most part, but I guess thats better then nothing

#57 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,647 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

l am looking forward to these new kits from revell and a couple from Round2. lts a great time to be a model builder.

#58 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,193 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

l am looking forward to these new kits from revell and a couple from Round2. lts a great time to be a model builder.

Remember, the kits shown from Revell are kits for the 2013 year,  we have no idea what Revell is going to do for 2014 yet

#59 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,647 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

Remember, the kits shown from Revell are kits for the 2013 year,  we have no idea what Revell is going to do for 2014 yet

Thanks Jonathan, l miss understood. l just don't have to wait as long. l want the vw kit pictured...

#60 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Ask yourself this question.....When has a Corvette NEVER been kitted ???