ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Full Name:Ismael E. Gonzalez-Valentin

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

Hello,

I haven't had much modeling time recently, but the Z06 is slowly progressing. The interiors are about 80% done.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lots of little things still pending but slowly getting there.

Thanks,

#2 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:14 AM

Looks great Izzy. WHats your trick on the realistic guage faces ? Are they in the Revell kit or do you make them ?

Plus...that interior "black" is spot on..is that the Humbrol ? I need to paint a Mustang interior, and I've been thinking I'd have to mix a little grey in with the black to get the correct color. Is that what you did ? Anyway it looks great.

Yup....looks great.

#3 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:52 AM

Nice work Ismael! I wish I had shot interior photos of mine. Got distracted during final assembly :roll:

Jeff, the gauges come w/the kit and mount behind a clear gauge cover. It looks really good. I just cut out the decal and glued it to the gauge cover, no dunking in water w/white glue as Revell suggests.

Testors Acryl has a great dark gray, IIRC it's Aircraft Interior Black or Dark Gray (sorry, my bottle is 25 miles away at this time), it's basically flat black that has a small amount of gray in it. Nice subtle look to it.

#4 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Full Name:Ismael E. Gonzalez-Valentin

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

Jeff,
I applied the kit's gauge decal to the clear part, then cut a piece of thin clear plastic and put it over it as the lens. As for the color, I'm very happy, since the 1:1 is not really black, but a very dark gray. I airbrushed the Humbrol flat dark gray mixed with a few drops of Testors black. I usually use Euro 1 Gray from the Model Master line but since I didn't find it I mixed it.

Thanks,