#41 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I hope Revell lets us know soon and starts releasing some of these kits, as I'm running out of kits to build.

#42 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Last time I checked, Camaros and Mustangs weren't built 80 years ago ...

The '32 Ford is from 80 years ago.. I never said any about limiting subjects beyond the Camaro and Mustang...

#43 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Last time I checked, Camaros and Mustangs weren't built 80 years ago ... just sayin'. Neither was anything I'm interested in building. But you'd have to be pretty blind to not see that there are some much more interesting subjects out there besides another Camaro or Mustang kit.. that's why I said it's just like the 1:1 , the suppliers there pander to the obvious, easy stuff. But I guess you have to go with what's easy and requires no skill when you're dealing with sheep.. just run down to Pep Boys and bolt some ###### on your car .. 

Dan , I will agree with that, there are other current subjects out there besides Camaro's and Mustangs, but its all about the bottom line.

#44 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Dan , I will agree with that, there are other current subjects out there besides Camaro's and Mustangs, but its all about the bottom line.

Yes, it's not like Revell is Moiebus or Aoshima or Fujimi with their seemingly vast budgets--they have to focus on what will sell in volume.  Too many reissues, but such it is.  '57 Chevys and 32 Fords sell to the masses, I know that...nice to at least see one new subject (the Mustang) though I'd like to see many more.

Edited by Rob Hall, 30 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#45 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yes, it's not like Revell is Moiebus or Aoshima or Fujimi with their seemingly vast budgets--they have to focus on what will sell.  Too many reissues, but such it is.  '57 Chevys and 32 Fords sell to the masses, I know that...nice to at least see one new subject (the Mustang) though I'd like to see many more.

I would of thought that Revell would have the bigger budget out of all those, but what do I know :lol: ,  I agree, it is nice to see something new, better then nothing

#46 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

I would of thought that Revell would have the bigger budget out of all those, but what do I know :lol: ,  I agree, it is nice to see something new, better then nothing

I would have thought so also, but I'm beginning to doubt it.... it's just nice to see at least one subject that isn't targeted at the AARP crowd as so many of Revell's recent releases have been.  It's frustrating as a fan of modern subjects that the selections are so thin..even Revell of Germany seems stuck on old subjects---where are the kits of modern Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches, Audis, etc?   Very little from the current decade.   And for the domestics--why not some modern Cadillacs?  The current Chrysler 300 (C or S trim)?  There are lots of interesting contemporary subjects that aren't kitted. But I've already said this countless times before....feel like I'm talking to myself.

Edited by Rob Hall, 30 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#47 KingSix

KingSix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Barrett

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

That's exactly what I said before, the aftermarket does the same thing with Camaros & Mustangs. I could literally build you a car out of a few catalogs .. you don't even need the original car anymore. But if you're building something of the beaten path, like a Buick , Pontiac or Mopar, you are SOL ..  

#48 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

I would have thought so also, but I'm beginning to doubt it.... it's just nice to see at least one subject that isn't targeted at the AARP crowd as so many of Revell's recent releases have been.  It's frustrating as a fan of modern subjects that the selections are so thin..even Revell of Germany seems stuck on old subjects---where are the kits of modern Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches, Audis, etc?   Very little from the current decade.   And for the domestics--why not some modern Cadillacs?  The current Chrysler 300 (C or S trim)?  Lot of interesting contemporary subjects that aren't kitted. But I've already said this countless times before....feel like I'm talking to myself.

What was that you were saying..................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: ,  I feel the same way you do, well know that as well,  I dont want to get another lecture about how things work, I guess they feel that its not worth the money invested on more current subjects unless they are either Mustangs/Camaros, or Ferraris

That's exactly what I said before, the aftermarket does the same thing with Camaros & Mustangs. I could literally build you a car out of a few catalogs .. you don't even need the original car anymore. But if you're building something of the beaten path, like a Buick , Pontiac or Mopar, you are SOL ..  

If you like subjects from the 80's and up you are SOL

#49 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

1/32 freightliner i'm all over that one . Now is it the cabover or conventional?

#50 94Z28

94Z28

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Full Name:Jon Esslinger

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, this is a pretty underwhelming list.  I would love to see more modern offerings and more accurate versions of older muscle cars.  I really think an accurate 82-92 Camaro/Firebird would really sell.  And it would be nice to see some AMC cars too like a modern AMX or Javelin tooling.  Also a 67-68 Camaro tooling that's more modern or a more accurate 69 Mustang.  I would love a nice 80s Audi Quattro or an early 2000s S4.  Same goes for pretty much any generation VW Golf.  These are cars young people like. These are all extremely popular cars.  I feel like Autoworld and Revell need to focus on bringing some good new kits that will appeal to younger people.  I'm 27, and I really could care less about anything before 1960.  I'm not saying there isn't a place for those kits, but what are these companies doing to bring in young people?  This hobby is going to die if we can't get new people into the hobby.  While its really cool to see a lot of reissues that were never availbable to me until now, a lot of them are outdated in their accuracy.  They also don't have customizeable parts that are in style anymore.  Sure, its cool to have slotted mags and ladderbar suspension, but no one builds cars like that today.

#51 The Junkman

The Junkman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Jung

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well, I for one am stoked they are coming out with the Boss 302.  There are enough differences from the  2010 to the 2013/14 Mustang that there just isn't an easy conversion between the two.  With minimum of kit bashing I'll be able to duplicate my 2013 GT.  I guess I'm the one guy who'll buy one.

Edited by The Junkman, 30 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#52 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Actually, I might pick up a '13 Mustang, too. They're one of the few new cars I actually like styling-wise.

I can see a few getting sold for the engine for transplants into '32s...and a few other cars, as well.

But, yes, more would've been nice. I guess we'll see what happens over the next couple of days and months as announcements come forth.

Charlie Larkin

#53 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Wow, so many cool subjects out there, yet Revell just regurgitates the same old junk .. 

The Jungle Jim T/F dragster is new in that it's never been released as a kit. To some who don't want to seek out or spend the money on an aftermarket set of decals to build the car themselves, it's welcome and appreciated. That may seem minor and insignificant to some, but to others it makes a huge difference.

For those of us who enjoy Revell's 1/16 scale Funny Car kits, this release includes not only new decals but all new wheels and tires. That's significant because the old thinwall, hollow 1/16 slicks were known for collapsing and generally deteriorating rather quickly, so not only will the new slicks hopefully be an upgrade for this kit, they will be an upgrade for every 1/16 Funny Car and T/F dragster Revell has issued since 1973. Add in the new wheels, and you can see why others find the news of this kit alone to be very exciting.

I wonder if the '13 Mustang Boss 302 being all-new is similar to the Rat Roaster situation, where the master patterns and original design work are shared with previous kits, but the tooling is different in subtle ways. Maybe the '10s tooling had run it's course and it was time to start (semi-) anew. Regardless, I'd say that's a good sign for those who wish to see more modern Mustangs.

#54 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

It seems that Revell is focusing a lot on drag racing now

#55 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'll be in line with bells on when the '13 Mustang hit the shelves.  As Charlie mentions the Coyote mill that SHOULD have been offered back in 2011 in the "2010" GT (which easily could have just been a 2011 with the new motor rather than cheaping out and using the old motor patterns from the '06 tooling), so it will be a nice swap piece to make a 2011-2014 Mustang GT and go into a lot of rods and customs looking for a new motor option rather than same ole same ole/

That said I can't help but notice that his is yet another modern car that Revell is offering right when the body style is changing.  The '15 Mustangs (or '14 1/2 if you like) go on sale in April, and I got dollars to donuts this 2013 kit doesn't beat them to market.  So unless they got a '15 Mustang GT up their sleeves somewhere, we are once again getting a model of a car that was a great idea a couple of years ago.

I don't know who burned the bridges between Revell and the Big 3 in regards to making promotional models and getting factory CAD data rather than having to measure up a 1:1 from scratch, but it's just frustrating to see.

#56 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm sure the diecast makers will have the '15 Mustang out years before Revell does.  Look how long it took them to get the '10 Mustang GT and Camaro SS out.  

#57 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Frustrating indeed

I think some of the frustration comes from being use other kit manufactures that work with the car companys , and not only get the model kit out the same year, but right about the same time the 1:1 car went on sale

Edited by martinfan5, 30 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#58 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well, nothing on that list.......

Nothing on the list excites me as I have plenty to build already and it includes some variations of those Q1 2014 releases.

#59 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

For the love of god this is model car forum. I'm sick and tired of logging on at night to see what someone's working on or what new kit is coming out, But no, I get to see grown men furiously call each other out about their "Hobby". I understand we all have our own opinions, but if you want to start a war with it go some wheres else for Christ sake. I'm sure Reddit or Facebook would love to watch the fights. 

#60 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

I understand we all have our own opinions, but if you want to start a war with it go some wheres else

I'm not sure why posts about Revell's releases bring out the personal attacks and battles between members, but Austin nailed it. If you can't stick to discussing the topic at hand and refrain from getting personal, don't post.