#21 wkennerley

wkennerley

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne M. Kennerley

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Thanks Skip, I will wait to see what they are like.

Back to the Packard, I have applied another coat of paint, it is looking good, pics once the paint has dried - Wheels are assembled so should be able to start assembling the rest of the car.

Wayne

#22 wkennerley

wkennerley

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

A bit of progress, started re-assembling the car, I see the bonnet won't line up properly now, not sure what happened there and the front axle is a bit off, it had broken so I must have mis aligned it a bit - I do have most of another kit available, so will probably build that to get a nicer 2nd car.

Wayne

IMG_3437.jpgIMG_3438.jpg

#23 GTMust

GTMust

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Durham

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Looking good Wayne........

Tony

#24 wmobie

wmobie

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Full Name:Walter M O'Brien

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

My hobby shop has a number of the 1/32 scale Lindberg kits. They have not moved in many years, so I picked up the 34 Ford 3-window. These were he models of my childhood, multiple piece bodies, no chrome no rubber tires. Very small. Great for pre-teen hands, I suppose. Super-glue should address the multipiece piece body, other techniques learned over the years should help too. Great job on the Packard, the smaller size means more shelve room (and more of the large classic cars)? Thanks for Sharing. I so want to chop the 34...

#25 wkennerley

wkennerley

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hi Walter, wish my local hobby shop had lindberg kits, they are not easy to get here - The 34 Ford sounds just right for chopping. I am hoping to get a Pyro Chevie Cabriolet that I could use for a rat rod? Or maybe just build it standard for now.

Wayne

#26 wkennerley

wkennerley

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

started work on the Packard again, onto final assembly, realised tonight that I have parts I had not painted ready for chrome, so delayed till tuesday now before I can finish assembling the model - Photo taken on my work in progress workshop diorama

Wayne

IMG_3524.jpg