Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rare Vintage AMT 68 Lincoln built

Porscheman

I did buy the same kit advertised for years from Model Empire quite awhile ago IIRC . It had glue on the Grille and the Engine was missing . I was able to remove the glue , wash the grille and buy a Resin Engine . I feel your pride as you deserve praise . Attaboy .. You like blue , I like green . So it appears we have twins . Well as Blue is the same as green less a few drops of yellow . Just right .. Thanx ..

Very nice!! Lincoln Contientals are my favorite family vehicles. I personally drive a 2002 Lincoln Contiental CE and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The color is spot on and the shine is great!

Very nice work!

My wife and I have a 99 Continental with 226,000 miles. My wife has a 2014 MKZ Hybrid coming and won't sell the Continental for anything. Great cars!!!

definatley want pictures of the big block under the hood! love them 460s!!

I only build curbsides, so the chrome engine is still in the box.

Nice build Al. It was good seeing you yesterday!

Guys, Al really has this quick paint job thing down pat. You need to see it in person to get the full effect. He gets a nice shiny finish in 24 hrs that doesn't look like Earl Sheib worked here!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Thank you Tom for the nice comments on my paint work. If anyone wants to learn the easy process, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Al

Al, after I just screwed up the paint job on my Caravan, I'm giving up and I'll just drop off my kits at your house for paint. It will be just like going to the dry cleaners with my clothes!

Lovely Lincoln, Al! I built a '69 annual I managed to snag for a decent price a few years back. Love that all chrome MEL big block, even though it isn't correct for a '69 but would have been for your '68 if you wanted to represent an early model. Anyway, fantastic job on this one- always love seeing these suicide-door Connies done up right. B)