#21 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,790 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Does anyone else wonder how they got the fenders to overlap the body sides like that on the parts tree???

#22 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

They are part of the body sides!!!

Look at the instruction page.

#23 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I just hope they get around to scaling up their 1937 Packard Twelve (Stalin had one with armored doors and bulletproof windows, thus its relevance to WWII armor modeling).  But it's one of the newer 35th kits, so it'll probably be a while before it makes it to 24th. They seem to be following a similar schedule as they did for the original 35th scale kits. 

Except that Stalin's car was a Russian sort-of copy of a Packard 180--NOTHING interchangeable at all, not even sheet metal.  Packard enthusiasts and historians have argued about that issue for several decades, but with at least one or two examples now in the US, pretty much it's been confirmed that the ZIS limousines that were built in the Stalin era were actually rather crude copies of the senior Packard.

Art

#24 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Well, whatever that thing is in the ICM 1/35 Stalin/Packard car box is good enough for a scale-up, far as I'm concerned.  I'll take that Mercedes 770 too, sil vous plait...  B)

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis, 30 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#25 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

I just ordered my Opel Admiral kit today. I got it for $50.96. The GFs eyes got real big when I took out my VISA card, so I had to by her something she wanted. :unsure:  That went from a $50 day to a $400 day real fast. :o

#26 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,790 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

They are part of the body sides!!!

Look at the instruction page.

Ah, yes, now I get it.

#27 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I just ordered my Opel Admiral kit today. I got it for $50.96. The GFs eyes got real big when I took out my VISA card, so I had to by her something she wanted. :unsure:  That went from a $50 day to a $400 day real fast. :o

So, in other words, that just became what might very well be the most expensive model you ever buy?

What cost $350- something small and shiny?

Charlie Larkin

#28 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

That'll be a handful to put together, but it looks like a superb model.

Charlie Larkin

#29 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

I am very impressed by the detail in this kit

#30 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

So, in other words, that just became what might very well be the most expensive model you ever buy?

What cost $350- something small and shiny?

Charlie Larkin

Laptop. Something she's wanted.

#31 Antikainen

Antikainen

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Full Name:Jarkko Antikainen

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

I now have both versions, uptop and ( downtop?)

These are great kits, fine detailing and about 160 parts count makes them great when finished.

The only difference between these two versions are the ragtop parts.

Multipiece body seems to be easily assembled and I think it must be assembled before painting. Have to figure out the exact assembling process though because the instructions tell you to glue inner door panels to body sides before gluing body sides to interior floor and to other body panels.

The engine is gm straight six " stowebolt " as it should be and chassis and suspension parts are pure gm from that era.

#32 blazefox

blazefox

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Gilmore

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Looks like the revell of germany tool bumbed from 1/35 up to 1/24

#33 blazefox

blazefox

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Gilmore

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Dare i say rat rod with white walls??? Hmmmmmmm

#34 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Looks like the revell of germany tool bumbed from 1/35 up to 1/24

The Revell Germany 1/35 kit is the ICM kit reboxed.  It's ICM's tooling. Revell Germany reboxes a bunch of ICM kits nowadays.  

#35 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Just ordered the up-top version from Squadron Hobbies ---- should be interesting ---

I like the idea of white walls ---- hopefully I have some Modelhaus wide whites in stock that will work ---  will just have to see ---

#36 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Your best bet is to get the up top version --- mine arrived yesterday and it includes the the up-top and the convertible boot ---- so you can go either way with it.

By the way --- this is a stunning kit ---- EVERYTHING and I mean everything has it's own special zip style plastic bag (you can open and close them) ---- the castings are sharp and well done ----I did not see any sink marks but it does have its share of ejection pin marks --- not an isse for most modelers---- it is reminiscent of the quality of the Galaxie 46-47-48 Chevrolet releases -----only thing so far that I can see is that it needs white walls ----  should be no problem there though----  get one --- you will not be disappointed!!  --- Revell-AMT etc should get their act together and strive to get to this level of quality ---- seriously!!!  I would love to see these guys do some USA 30-40 vintage fat fender cars and maybe some 50's on the same level of quality as this kit.

By the way --- this kit even boasts separate scale correct wiper blades ---- It is just that good----  

Regards

Bill (Duntov)

#37 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

i don't think whitewalls were such a big deal in Europe as they were in the USA.

#38 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

Your best bet is to get the up top version --- mine arrived yesterday and it includes the the up-top and the convertible boot ---- so you can go either way with it.

Bill (Duntov)

Thanks for the info', I was just about to buy the top down version, and after reading your post, have just ordered the top up version, thanks again .....

#39 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,790 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

By the way --- this is a stunning kit ---- EVERYTHING and I mean everything has it's own special zip style plastic bag (you can open and close them) ---- the castings are sharp and well done ----I did not see any sink marks but it does have its share of ejection pin marks --- not an isse for most modelers---- it is reminiscent of the quality of the Galaxie 46-47-48 Chevrolet releases -----only thing so far that I can see is that it needs white walls ----  should be no problem there though----  get one --- you will not be disappointed!!  --- Revell-AMT etc should get their act together and strive to get to this level of quality ---- seriously!!!  I would love to see these guys do some USA 30-40 vintage fat fender cars and maybe some 50's on the same level of quality as this kit.

By the way --- this kit even boasts separate scale correct wiper blades ---- It is just that good----  

Regards

Bill (Duntov)

Going by your comments, I just might have to get me one of these bad boys.  B)

#40 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

I had mine delivered yesterday, what a cracking kit, not one that's going to be put together in 5 minutes, loads of detail and the molding is superb.