#22 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

That is a super job on the hearse, Ron. The re-styling, details and workmanship is great.

Personally, that is one model that cannot be in my collection, as I have a very religious wife. When I was a kid(mid 1960's), most of my buddies built model cars. A friend of mine built a beautiful JoHan '66 Cadillac hearse. When he showed it to his mother, she shreaked something in Spanish, grabbed the model, and threw it out into the street, breaking it into pieces. After she had composed herself, she apologized for her actions, hugged her son, and gave him some cash to get another model to build. Needless to say, he never built another hearse model.

I woonder how it would look as a limo????

#23 realgone58

realgone58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Wickham

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

That looks fantastic! Should have had this body resin cast so I could build one too!......... ;)

#24 am73grand

am73grand

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Lambert

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

That is a super job on the hearse, Ron. The re-styling, details and workmanship is great.

Personally, that is one model that cannot be in my collection, as I have a very religious wife. When I was a kid(mid 1960's), most of my buddies built model cars. A friend of mine built a beautiful JoHan '66 Cadillac hearse. When he showed it to his mother, she shreaked something in Spanish, grabbed the model, and threw it out into the street, breaking it into pieces. After she had composed herself, she apologized for her actions, hugged her son, and gave him some cash to get another model to build. Needless to say, he never built another hearse model.

I woonder how it would look as a limo????

Ron,

As I was working on this I eyed it up as a limo. The Limo conversion would be even easier as you would not need to raise the roof or create the rear cargo door. Just cut two bodies in half and then glue them back together. Should be easy for a skilled guy like you!!

Ron

#25 Edward Gore

Edward Gore

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Full Name:Pacific Ocean

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Very nice. And all done inside of three weeks. Thanks for posting the in progress/before paint picture. I always like seeing those for learning how to do stuff. 

If this was in a contest, it would bury the competition  :)