1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

NO INSIDE INFO HERE..........But.....

Look how the industry works today,  Moebius tools a 52 Hudson.....and in the mold is a 53 Hudson and a 52 or 53 convertible. (and more I'm sure)

Revell tools a all new 49 Mercury coupe. Then we find out it has a Mercury wagon in the tool.....and I bet a 51 down the road....

Revell tools a 57 Ford.....you know they did it because it lends itself to OTHER kits without tooling a whole kit.

It's a no brainer.......

Just build something and see what happens later in the year....

Nothing like more bang for your buck. At least they are learning over the years. Now if they would just work together and spread the money around we would get different stuff . 

#42 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

If the Edsel had the Same roof design as the Ford did in 58, I have NEVER

seen it in Any Fullsize Ranger or Pacer, and AMT/Ertl Did NOT include it on

the New tool Pacer kit, nor was it on the Original Annual!!

Check my Name please!!!!

I know a few things about EDSELs!!!

I am a member of EdselMail email group.

Also, I have at least 15 of the Modern Tool Pacer, so can check them easily enough!!

You Can use the chassis for the Pacer kit on the AMT 57 Fairlane 500, But you

Will have to replace the Edsel FE Engine with a Y block!!!!

#43 buffalobill

buffalobill

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Mathewson

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Sorry if I offended you Edsel-Dan re: my incorrect comment concerning an Edsel having a ribbed roof like that on the '58 Ford.   You are correct, and I have edited my post to reflect that. . .

My comment re: "AMT's '58 Edsel's chassis, including much of the drivetrain, can be used to upgrade their much earlier tooled '57 Ford Fairlane 500 kit" never was intended to imply that the Edsel's FE engine would be accurate for a bone-stock '57 Ford.    However, the balance of the chassis & drivetrain is very useful for upgrading the AMT '57 Ford if one is building a bone stock model, and if one were building a resin-bodied '58 Ford, or working w/ a '58 annual or promo, the FE engine could represent the 352 cu in FE engine introduced in the Ford model line that year   (and before you blast me for stating that - yes, one would have to cut open the hood on both the '58 annual and the promo, as they were 'curbside' models).    And, swapping an FE engine into a '57 Ford was/and still is a popular swap, as the Y block was all but tapped out at 312 cu in, even the E & F code versions, since it was much easier & cost effective to develop a range of engines w/ more cu in, and room to add more, as did the highly successful FE family of engines.   The Y block's unusual head design w/ how the exhaust & intake valves were orientated, was another factor, limiting it's performance potential.

I have edited the portion of my above post, so it doesn't mislead anyone, nor cause such a disproportionate outburst from any other Edsel-types. . .btw - Edmunds ranked the '58 Edsel as #8 on their 100 Ugliest Cars of All Time.    To each their own. . .

#44 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Edmunds are just a group of people with opinions...and you know what they say about opinions. I happen to think Edsels are quite nice looking.

#45 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

Check out what the original, un-chopped release(s) of Revell's multi-piece bodied '57 Rancheros are selling for on evilBay. . .Then consider how inaccurate that kit is, as it was based on Revell's even older Country Squir'se tooling.   I think that the Ranchero would sell extremely well, but I'd be just about as happy if they did a 2 door wagon instead.  

Back in the day, the 1:1  '57 Ranchero was a popular vehicle w/ customizers, and the best I ever saw was built by the late Dick Dean - perhaps, best known for chopping more '49-'51 Mercs than anyone else.  He built himself an extended-cab red & white '57 Ranchero that could have rolled straight off of a Dearborn assembly line; it looked that well proportioned, and Ford probably would have sold a ton of them if it had been an option in '57.

435195291_640.jpg

http://vimeo.com/64520480

Edited by Greg Myers, 09 November 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#46 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

My vote is on the wagon, can't have too many longroofs, besides I have this vague recollection of a Jairus Watson drawing, featuring a '57 Ford Stawa, but could be that my mind is playing tricks on me ;)

Edited by Luc Janssens, 09 November 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#47 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

And here I thought I was opening a thread about a kit that was actually happening. :rolleyes:

#48 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,304 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

And here I thought I was opening a thread about a kit that was actually happening. :rolleyes:

Nah, just speculation at this point...check back next year.

#49 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

Models smodels,, I want the real one. I could easily be talked into that as a daily driver. And I'm not a ford guy

#50 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,744 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'll take a couple of Rancheros and a case of wagons.

Wouldn't mind the girl in the video, either.

Charlie Larkin

#51 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Models smodels,, I want the real one. I could easily be talked into that as a daily driver. And I'm not a ford guy

Geeeez Bill….I AGREE….and I am a CORVETTE BIGGOT!!!!!  I would have a 57 Ranchero in a heartbeat (no pun intended) but then I would need a 59 El-Camino…..

to go with it and a ….

Well you get the picture…..garage is full of Corvettes anyway……   :o)

Regards

Bill (Duntov)

#52 FordRodnKustom

FordRodnKustom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Savoie

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

I'd like a wagon kit.

57wagons-vi.jpg

courier-vi.jpg

Edited by FordRodnKustom, 15 January 2014 - 03:26 AM.

#53 Martinautobody

Martinautobody

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Martin

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

The gold trim two door wagon was called "del rio" what a beautiful car!

#54 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I'd like a wagon kit.

57wagons-vi.jpg

courier-vi.jpg

That is COOL...!!!  Count me in on the wagons too...love the long roof bodies from 57 to mid 80s.

#55 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

A LOT of police agencies used these as well.

Yes please!

G

#56 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Full Name:R. Scott Aho

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

I like others here would love to see these come to fruition as kits. For me I've always like Del Rio version of the Ranch Wagon. And I hope they do the Custom Ranchero rather than the plain one. I always like the fanciest trim version of any car or truck. Though I bought the "plain" Model King '57 Ford 300 because of it being a police car. Another one of my future build Minnesota state patrol car models.

Another '57 Ford I'd like to see, is the four-door Custom 300. Actually Ford's best selling model for 1957. I suspect this car has very little appeal to other modelers, so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Somebody brought up a offering Meteor Ranchero. Any '57 Meteor would be cool. As noted AMT's '57 Fairlane 500 comes with a Meteor like grille. I say "like" for the grille is not completely correct. '57 Meteor grilles wrap around the front of the car towards the wheel openings. AMT's grille stops were the Ford grille stops. Close, but quite there. Plus Meteors have different side trim. So it takes a little more than AMT's grille to build a Meteor. Though I still have an unbuilt AMT Fairlane 500 laying a bought. And keep thinking about building it basically stock with either that Meteor grille or the '57 De Soto grille bumper combo from the old AMT grille parts pack. '57 Fords look really great with that De Soto grille and bumper combination. It looks like they were designed for each other right from the factory.

Uncle Scott

Edited by unclescott58, 26 March 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#57 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Personally , I'd love to see either a 1958 or 1959 Ranchero (and Fairlane / Custom , et al.) come to fruition !