Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro Funny Car

S. Svendsen

I started building mine today. Going with a Yellow body/black stripe Z28 style. The box art is just as cool as the kit itself.

Well a total of 4 hours trying to get the back half of the chassis to align and Im fed up. looks like this one is goin back into the box. :)

Edited by bfreez28

I started building mine today. Going with a Yellow body/black stripe Z28 style. The box art is just as cool as the kit itself.

Well a total of 4 hours trying to get the back half of the chassis to align and Im fed up. looks like this one is goin back into the box. B)

Don't bail on it! I agree the engineering standard of some of these old kits was not up to today's kits. You might need to do some cutting on the rear package shelf to make the interior tin fit inside the body better. I did a little trimming on my box art model to make it fit. Larry Henley did a lot of modifying on his which is why the orange car on the box sits lower. Take your time with this kit and it will build up nice.

Looking for some suggestions here ... what color other than white do you guys think would look good with those panel decals? I REALLY hate to not use those! :angry:

Here's my color suggestions for you.

-orange side panels on a yellow or red car w/ solid black stripes

-blue flame stripes on a silver, black or green car w/out side panels

-orange side panels on a blue car w/ solid white stripes.

• 3 weeks later...