#21 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

i can't tell you if this is accurate for your build. there are just too many builder variations that can happen. this is from a pro mod not a pro stock. again this is just one of many possible setups.

precisionshopphotos-doug703_zps1b999c68.

you asked if there plumbed the same way as a street car. well, i can say maybe similar. depends on what you mean exactly when you say that. do you mean the routing of the lines probably not. if you mean the design of the hydraulic system then, yes.

#22 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for the detailed info Dale and Dave.  Here is a better shot of the 'block-saver' plate.  Looks like 8 bolts are fastening it to the chassis and according to what Dave said, it looks like this car would have the block saver plate AND a firewall - not having the firewall take the place of it.  Is this correct?

dy94.jpg

Dave - What is that solenoid at the bottom of the chassis for?  Fire suppression?  Looking at the line routing, It would appear to be brakes, but a solenoid is either on or off, not incremental.

n7xp.jpg

#23 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

^^^ Line lock?

EDIT: I don't build these things, but here's my observation. The front plate and block saver would serve to contain the block within the chassis in case of a wreck or major explosion. It's the heaviest part of the car and could cause the most destruction if it got away. The angled web of tubing leading away from the rear mount are covered with sheet metal that create the fire wall.

Dale

Edited by ScaleDale, 21 November 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#24 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

ted, there are 8 bolts there, like i said, i believe only 4 are mandatory.  it looks as though the mid plate will become part of the firewall, yes.  here's a pic of my own car. you can see the mid plate is part of the firewall. the mid plate here is attached by 4 bolts.

DSCF1507_zpsa776c41e.jpg

the solenoid is a line lock.

dale, that's an interesting observation. you would need to talk to that chassis builder to find out his reasons for build his chassis that way. i will repeat this again. no 2 chassis builders build a car exactly alike. they have their own reason's, thoughts, and secret stuff they do to their chassis to make it (hopefully ) outperform the other brands. there are basic rules they must abide by in construction for saftey(those would be, what are found, in the sfi manuals and the sanctioning body rulebook) after that it's up to the builder on how he builds the car. some work better than others with certain drivetrain combinations. it's definitely a world of black arts and hidden secrets.

#25 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,843 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thanks thanks thanks. I've been stalled on a pro-mod build because, frankly, I didn't think i knew enough about the cars to get it right. Now I have some direction. :D

#26 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

seriously bill......you built a pro mod?

#27 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

and here's another build that should be VERY informative.

http://www.yellowbul...ad.php?t=441589

#28 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Impressive build. First post dated 1-2012, last 9-2013. Quite a project. Looks like he's French.

Dale