#41 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Found an easier way. In the upper right corner where the close window box is, right below it is an * click on that, and you can scroll down to compatibility view and add the site from there, too, or instead.

#42 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy Jon

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Abell82, you are right on the money brother, that fixed the problems, I never even knew that had to be done!

It's so easy, anyone with similar issues, try the same, upper right corner of your IE tab is "Tools" icon, click to open, select "Compatibility View Settings", a window will open, click "Add" and then close window, let the tab reset, and then refresh, after that all the problems ceased

Thanks again Abell  :)

1426745_544168285676885_1892191424_n.jpg

Edited by Jeremy Jon, 01 December 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#43 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,936 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

Found an easier way. In the upper right corner where the close window box is, right below it is an * click on that, and you can scroll down to compatibility view and add the site from there, too, or instead.

That did it! :D  

#44 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

It's probably not related, but seems like I can only copy/paste in about 5-6 photos, before getting error for to many photos?

#45 o-man

o-man

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • Full Name:Oscar White

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php on line 974

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Got this error message while trying to post pics

#46 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,924 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

So for Jason, Jeremy, Chuck and Steve, all of you are running Internet Explorer (IE), and after clicking the "Compatibility View" option in the IE toolbar, any (and all?) problems you were having disappeared, correct?

Jeremy- you are allowed a maximum of ten images per post, but I've only done that using image hosted on photobucket, and copied and pasted into the body of the reply box here, so I don't know if there is a max size limit for the photos as a whole, or if the max number of images allowed decreases as each individual image reaches a certain size.

#47 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yes,  the Compatibility mode selection got thing working again, a few small glitches, like selecting and keeping a font selection, it kicks in & out, but photos can be copy & pasted into posts now

I'm not sure, I don't use photobucket, it is a major pain to upload to there, I copy directly  from my FB page albums & paste into posts, and even through I've tried to resize the images, for some reason, they always come out on here the same large size, frustrating, so I stopped trying to figure it out

#48 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,924 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

I'm not sure, I don't use photobucket, it is a major pain to upload to there, I copy directly  from my FB page albums & paste into posts, and even through I've tried to resize the images, for some reason, they always come out on here the same large size, frustrating, so I stopped trying to figure it out

The forum software here automatically resizes images over a certain size, though I'm not sure what that limit is. Even if they are re-sized to a smaller size, clicking on them makes them viewable at the larger (maximum allowable) size.

#49 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

is anyone else having trouble posting here? specifically cutting and pasting text or images? I cannot do it at all at the moment through any of the defined or known methods: ctrl-c ctrl-v alt-e-copy alt-e-paste or even those funny little icons up there that never really work anyway. it is not my browser; it is up to date but hasn't been updated anytime real recently. last time something like this happened it took forever for anyone "in power" to even acknowledge the problem and then it was the standard fallback: download <insert buggy browser of the moment> answer that they teach you day one of ghostbusters.

or maybe its just me? anyone else having issues with this sort of thing?

#50 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

I will no longer be able to post replys here as it seems there is a problem with my computer or the forum. 

I'll state the problem again: When I attempt  to post (not quote) a reply I type out the text and hit the post button,

hen a green window drops down and little lites blink for whatever and then it stops and the reply is not posted and the post button is gone.

#51 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Leave it sit after that for a time, if fails, try refresh, it sounds a lot like a intermittent connection issue

Maybe try the same trick we had to for the posting pictures issue, pen the MCM page, then click on your "tools" icon in upper right corner of browser, select "compatibility view settings", when window opens, click "add", then "close", page should refresh on it's own, then try again to see if problem fixed

#52 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

I used to have that same problem when we had dialup, now that we have high speed, it's not a issue.

#53 SSNJim

SSNJim

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

This was one of those problems that a lot of people had for a while here, and then it just went away. The official solution for this problem, as with all problems on the forum, is to install and use Firefox or another off-brand browser.

What worked for a lot of people was to not use the Post button, but to use the More Reply Options button next to it, then click the Add Reply button at the bottom.

#54 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

This was one of those problems that a lot of people had for a while here, and then it just went away. The official solution for this problem, as with all problems on the forum, is to install and use Firefox or another off-brand browser.

What worked for a lot of people was to not use the Post button, but to use the More Reply Options button next to it, then click the Add Reply button at the bottom.

I'm one of the "lucky " ones who had this problem earlier this year .  The only way I could post or reply was to use the "More Reply Options" button .  It worked every time and was more of an inconvenience than anything else ,  and the problem went away after a while ( maybe an update ? ) .

If the compatibility trick doesn't work for you I'd give it a try .

Good Luck !

#55 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

I had all kinds of problems posting until I switched to google chrome about two years ago.

#56 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

Have you tried changing browsers?

#57 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,017 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

The official solution for this problem, as with all problems on the forum, is to install and use Firefox or another off-brand browser.

Firefox is an "off-brand" browser??? So which browsers are "brand name" browsers and which are "off-brand?"  :blink:

From what I've read about all of the people who say they have a problem with this site, most of them are using IE. I'm not saying that IE is the cause of the problem, but it sure looks like the vast majority of people having problems with this site are trying to access it via IE. Just sayin'...

#58 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

If you update your internet explorer I think you will ne ok.

#59 Ira

Ira

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,211 posts
  • Full Name:Ira Dahm

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Can't post photos or paste text. Maybe it's the Microsoft upgrades??

Is it just me?

B)

#60 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

Cut and pasted text

FL0113-143440_3.jpg

Working fine for me (on Firefox).