#122 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Full Name:Earl Miller

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

I have tried to get photos on here from photo bucket the way Gregg says to do it.

However when I go through the simple steps by clicking direct link on photo bucket. And that is simple.

Then back to the topic and click the image icon the Image Properties box pops up I paste Direct link in to it, and click OK then it will freeze.

Can't even cancel it.

I have to get off the page and start all over just to get back on the forum.

I did a test run on a Pro Board site and everything went fine.

I have been off line for a while maybe the MODS can check my account and see if something is keeping me from posting Photo's on here, or someone give me another way to do it.

I even tried to copy and paste the photo itself and that didn't work either.

I tried the Attach Files same problem/No results/freeze up.

Thank you and God Bless

Earl

#123 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

Try using the " More Reply Options " and then follow Gregg's instructions .

Or it could be a compatibility problem ( most likely ) . Click the little blue box next to the refresh icon .

#124 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,986 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

Earl, please click the below link, and see if clicking the Compatibility View option on IE fixes the problem: http://www.modelcars...81824&p=1059026

#125 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Full Name:Earl Miller

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

Thank you very much Casey for the help and quick reply to this problem that I had.

Earl

#126 kingiguana

kingiguana

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Zaborsky

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

I have been trying for over an hour now. And can not get pics to post, share, link or nothing. They are too large to upload directly it seems. I up loaded them to Photobucket, and tried to link them. Nothing !! It keeps locking up after I paste the link in the box. Ive tried using the image and the lnk icons, nothing !! it freezes up everytime. I haven't posted in a while, so maybe things have changed ??

#127 Miatatom

Miatatom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Shirley

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Pixresizer reduces them to whatever size you like. It's free. I use it all the time.

http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

Edited by Miatatom, 17 February 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#128 kingiguana

kingiguana

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks, but still, why photobucket linking wont work is a mystery.

#129 kingiguana

kingiguana

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Forget pixresizer, its trying to download a bunch of add ons. I don't need that stuff.

#130 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

Try selecting the "Compatibility View" option (I think it's in the IE header bar?) and see if that helps or fixes the problem, Joe.

#131 kingiguana

kingiguana

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Casey,

Ok, I got it part way, but I tried to link more pics. I tried to link all six from the album on Photobucket, it said it linked all 6 but I only see one on the post. Its under the pickups and vans  under glass section. 65 chevy weathered pickup. Is there an easy way to share more than one pic, without going back and forth between Photobucket and this forum ?

#132 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,986 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

I tried to link all six from the album on Photobucket, it said it linked all 6 but I only see one on the post. Its under the pickups and vans  under glass section. 65 chevy weathered pickup. Is there an easy way to share more than one pic, without going back and forth between Photobucket and this forum ?

Looks like you got it to work, Joe, correct? I see six pics in the '65 Chevy topic you mentioned, and three in the S-15 post of yours, too.

I don't know of a way to copy multiple image links from a PB account, then paste them all in the body of a message in one step. I have always copied and pasted each link, one per image.

On the right side of your PB album you'll see "Links to share this album", then several different image link options. You can change which types of links are displayed, and I would suggest you change some of them. I don't think you will ever use the "Flash embed" nor "HTML embed" links, but you might want to keep the slideshow link.  I suggest you add the "IMG code", which is what you will use (and it will be much easier to) copy and paste images from your PB album to here.

To change your image link settings in your PB account, click on your user name at the top right corner ("kingiguana", I think yours is?), then select "User Settings", then look on the left side and you should see something like this:

Links
Show these share options for all of my albums.
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML code
HTML thumb
IMG code
IMG thumb
Easy Linking Mode
Turn on easy linking mode  

You may never use any other types of links besides the IMG code link, but it's up to you which you want to use. I rarely use anything but the IMG code link, so even if you only select that link, I think you'll be OK for now. You can always add other links at any time. The "Easy Linking Mode" allows you to copy the link with one click of the mouse, so I'd recommend you select that, too.

Let me know if that works for you.  ^_^

#133 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

I'm on Mac 10.4. Why can't I have access to any of the tools or smilies in the post boxes? Everything's grayed back and not usable. If this is not the right topic for this question, please tell me where it should go.

Edited by sjordan2, 20 February 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#134 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,986 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'm on Mac 10.4. Why can't I have access to any of the tools or smilies in the post boxes? Everything's grayed back and not usable. If this is not the right topic for this question, please tell me where it should go.

Didn't you mention a while ago you need to upgrade your Mac's OS? I'm on an older MacBook Pro running an outdated OS (though not sure which OS), and can no longer update Flash Player, but have no issues here on the forum.

Which web browser are you using? I think every person save for one who has had posting problems here and posted in this topic about it was using Internet Explorer. 

#135 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Didn't you mention a while ago you need to upgrade your Mac's OS? I'm on an older MacBook Pro running an outdated OS (though not sure which OS), and can no longer update Flash Player, but have no issues here on the forum.

Which web browser are you using? I think every person save for one who has had posting problems here and posted in this topic about it was using Internet Explorer. 

I used to love Firefox, but they updated themselves to  a version that doesn't work with my system anymore and they have discontinued support of older versions (can't even download them). So I use Safari, which works just fine everywhere else.

To update my OS requires doubling my memory and updating my OS, which is a $200 job that I can't afford.

#136 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,986 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

I use Safari

I see. I don't know much about Safari or how the updates are affected when using an older OS, but Google Chrome would be my suggestion for trouble free browsing.

#137 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

I see. I don't know much about Safari or how the updates are affected when using an older OS, but Google Chrome would be my suggestion for trouble free browsing.

Thanks, but it doesn't work with my old OS, nor do others. Just Safari.

#138 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

HEY!! I've got my reply box tools back!! THANK YOU!!

#139 Bowtienutz

Bowtienutz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Full Name:Vinnie
    I'm trying to be good
    0 warning points whatever that means.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

I never had any luck posting a picture only a link 

if I click on the image  above and copy the copied link of my image

#140 Bowtienutz

Bowtienutz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Full Name:Vinnie
    I'm trying to be good
    0 warning points whatever that means.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

I never had any luck posting a picture only a link 

if I click on the image  above and copy the copied link of my image

that was weird half of post disappeared i use fotki and a chromebbok never had any luck posting anything other than a link.

http://public.fotki....dragster_9.html