#1 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Conway

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Figured i would post this  info  these toys are not at  every single  "Dollar General" store but that is where i  get  this  "made in  china"  toyset for these fantastic offroad tires!
  the  wheel is a  6 tire vehicle so if you  get  2 toysets  its  enough offroad tires to  do  3 model offroad trucks/jeeps!

of course i hate to throw away a  perfectly  good  toy! especially around the  holidays  with all the  toys  for  tots  dropboxes  i went ahaead  and  "swapped" some  virtually  useless parts box hard plastic  tires, and  some  rims  from the  parts box i won't use on my  builds and  replaced the  stolen offroad tires kids  do not  discriminate  tires on a  toy! none that  i know  of anyway......
 heres the  pics!

101_6649_zpsc2a12977.jpg

101_6648_zpsde674985.jpg

101_6653_zps691cd446.jpg

101_6652_zps0a087d2f.jpg

101_6655_zps90950848.jpg

101_6656_zps4dfd4a36.jpg

:rolleyes:  now the  tank has  some  style/ bling should i have  painted them  flat black??  maybe but its a  kids  toy they won't care   i think....... :D

#2 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

101_6657_zpse8f8632a.jpg

as you can see i pick these toys up every so often when i have the extra 8$ on hand
its a bargain i think you can't buy offroad tires and rims that nice on e-bay for less money they will work for almost anything!!

:wub: :D  hope this  post is  usefull  especially to  all those  4x4  guys  out there!!

#3 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

wow  i figured there would  be  more response .......

#4 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

Those are pretty neat looking.  They'd be great on a Jeep or Bronco.  :)

#5 Joker

Joker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  • Full Name:James Scott

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

wow  i figured there would  be  more response .......

With a hundred and fifty two views , I'm sure ppl are going searching for the tires.

Thanks for the tip BTW.

#6 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

With a hundred and fifty two views , I'm sure ppl are going searching for the tires.

Plus, this topic was covered, or at least mentioned, once before, so it may be old news to some. I suspect the difference in the front and rear wheel opening diameter of these tires is making a few people go --->  :huh:

#7 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

I picked up a set of these from a tank thingy that was molded in blue, labelled 'POLICE' and had white rims. :)

#8 randx0

randx0

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Olson

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

That's why we never get any new 4x4 kits , not enough interest. Those tires look pretty decent though.

#9 vypurr59

vypurr59

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Shorter

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Great find.  I also find diecast cars in 1/32 that have "DONK" wheels. I have purchased them just for the wheels and tires. The rest becomes painting test beds. The "DONK" wheels are just the perfect size for 1/25th scale cars. Here is a pic of the wheels I found and used them for this low rider car

IMG_3203_zpsac81d96b.jpg

#10 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

very  nice  wheel  choice for that  very  good looking  buick!

i do the  same as well! i buy  die cast  toys  with  nice  looking  wheels and  steal them  for  my  model  builds

#11 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Plus, this topic was covered, or at least mentioned, once before, so it may be old news to some. I suspect the difference in the front and rear wheel opening diameter of these tires is making a few people go --->  :huh:

Exactly Casey. I think it was a couple of years ago that I showed those tires in a thread. The difference in the openings actually work perfect for the AMT '84 GMC pickup and the Jeep Commando. The front opening fits the large wheelbacks like they were made for them. The rear openings are quite small and will require a little massaging to fit a 15" scale wheel.