#21 randx0

randx0

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Olson

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

They're going to be doing a tribute cruise locally . I don't know who  "they" are specifically but I saw it on the news . Word on the street is it may have been a street race , if so I hope someone will learn from this.

#22 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

They're going to be doing a tribute cruise locally . I don't know who  "they" are specifically but I saw it on the news . Word on the street is it may have been a street race , if so I hope someone will learn from this.

One of their friends said that Ron just wanted Paul to go for a ride in the car and they went for, what was supposed to be, a short ride around the block.  No streetrace.  Although, being a race car driver and an actor who's a car guy and known for fast cars as the passengers, that's probably how the rumor started "on the street".

Also, I have been doing some research.  Initial research was coming up with sticky accelerators, which turned out to be not true.  From what I have come to understand, this was a six owner car and was currently owned by AE (Always Evolving).  For those that do not know, AE is the performance shop owned by  Roger Rodas, driver of the Porsche in the terrible tradgedy, and Paul Walker.  The popular believe on this particular model Porsche is that is handles very strangely, unlike anything else.  Even expert drivers have issues with it.  Considering six owners and a professional driver crashed in it, this would explain things.

We have someone that used to be a detective or something that used to investigate things like this.  Who was it, Dano?  Whoever it is, I'd sure like to get his input as well as the input of an expert on that particular car.  I'm still curious how the thing burst into flames.

Edited by Skydime, 03 December 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#23 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Another news article in today's newspaper about Paul Walker's death. But rest assured Fast & Furious fans that the "show" will go on as they already have started on #7 to be released in July of next year, and there's money to be made. Who will replace Paul Walker? I have no idea, but someone will, and you can take that to the bank.

#24 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Were those cars drive by wire or drive by cable?

#25 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

OK, more news in from NBC nightly news.  Aparantly, street racing is no longer being considered at this time.  They say this was a 45 mile an hour zone that quickly becomes a 15 mile per hour zone with a sharp curve.

#26 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

RULE # 1 Don't always believe everything you read or hear.

#27 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Another news article in today's newspaper about Paul Walker's death. But rest assured Fast & Furious fans that the "show" will go on as they already have started on #7 to be released in July of next year, and there's money to be made. Who will replace Paul Walker? I have no idea, but someone will, and you can take that to the bank.

Neil Patrick Harris aka Doogie Howser aka Barney Stinson. He's a shoe-in.

#28 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

No not really.

#29 Racerchad2

Racerchad2

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Full Name:Chad Dowdy

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

"Skydime", I'm researching every detail I can and putting together some pieces as well. I have a lot of unanswered questions and Im trying to find some scene phots of the road before wreak to show skid marks and the power steering fluid trail.

#30 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Another article I read reported that there were tire skid marks in figure 8 and donut patterns police could  Not confirm that they were from the Porsche

Edited by my80malibu, 02 December 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#31 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Neil Patrick Harris aka Doogie Howser aka Barney Stinson. He's a shoe-in.

Wut?  :huh:   Does he even have a car?  Last car I saw him in was when he took Harold and Kumar's Camry, Accord, or whatever on a joyride.  :blink:  My guess is, since Tyrese played Brian's childhood friend, he will end up stepping up to the plate.  But I prefer not to worry about that right now.  I'm just a car guy wandering what happened to two other car guys.  I'll worry about the continuation of F&F secondarily.

Edited by Skydime, 02 December 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#32 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

Another article I read reported that there were tire skid marks in figure 8 and donut patterns police could confirm that they were from the Porsche

Oh I'm pretty sure they did a couple things to show off considering it was in a business park and it was probably closed on a Saturday.  But I haven't noticed anything that would contradict the elimination of racing causing the incident.  Being a professional driver and all, you would thing Rodas would do a couple burnouts and donuts but, be cautious in an area he may not be familiar with.  They certainly wouldn't be imitating the F&F scene that introduced Brian O'Connor and his green Eclipse outside the closed stadium or anything.

#33 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Oh I'm pretty sure they did a couple things to show off considering it was in a business park and it was probably closed on a Saturday.  But I haven't noticed anything that would contradict the elimination of racing causing the incident.  Being a professional driver and all, you would thing Rodas would do a couple burnouts and donuts but, be cautious in an area he may not be familiar with.  They certainly wouldn't be imitating the F&F scene that introduced Brian O'Connor and his green Eclipse outside the closed stadium or anything.

Exactly I would think that Rodas would be Focused more on the driving, if he would have been doing that type of stunt driving. But thats just what was read, it kind of fits with the Joyride aspect, and I feel it would be a little far fetched to think that you could lose control on such a basic maneuver, Rodas probably learned figure 8's on day one of professional race car driver school. It would be good if there was security camera footage to show exactly what transpired. Just to help end the Speculation.

Edited by my80malibu, 02 December 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#34 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

We shall see.

#35 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Curiousity got the better of me, so I went digging on Youtube.

Considering this "Stig" was still Ben Collins, he has a huge amount of racing in several different series in a number of different styles of vehicles beside doing the Top Gear Power Laps, the one he drove was giving him problems. There's something I've been seeing is that the power steering went out, wjat that resulted in, I don't know, having had power steering go away on a car that weighed less and had a whole lot less tire, I can't imagine what it has to be like in those cars.

Edited by Joe Handley, 02 December 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#36 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Actually, after I left the forum last night, my wife informed me that there was information released that indicated straight skid marks into the pole and a trail of power steering fluid.  If Roger had been able to steer the car, then obviously the skid marks would swerve away from the pole.  Also, a source "close to AE" says the car had continuous power steering issues.  It was rarely driven but, often leaked on the shop floor.  Another report indicates there was a bang seconds before the bang of the impact.  But, of coarse, this is not the full and official story as of yet.

Edited by Skydime, 03 December 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#37 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

Full and official story? I like that. LOL! What is said in the newspapers and on the new channels is ONLY what they want you to know. If you think that you're getting the "official" story, think again.

#38 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Full and official story? I like that. LOL! What is said in the newspapers and on the new channels is ONLY what they want you to know. If you think that you're getting the "official" story, think again.

I mean the one that is released as an "official" statement by the LA County Sheriff's office.  We all know we don't always get all the information as we should and it would be nieve to think we ever will.  ;)

#39 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,047 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

I mean the one that is released as an "official" statement by the LA County Sheriff's office.  We all know we don't always get all the information as we should and it would be nieve to think we ever will.  ;)

Ken there is in my opinion nothing to hide. We should get a full story but with the car being in such ruin there may never be a sure cause. l wonder if it had nitrous on it.? Maybe he hit the nitrous and cased the wreck or fire. Those super cars are so complex. It is so sad to go out like this. l am reading your posts to see what you may have found out...

#40 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

Carl, I agree whole heartedly that there should be nothing to hide.  Unfortunately, with the way things go, sometimes facts get twisted into untruths and we, the public, get a watered down or rehashed truth.  Don't really wanna go far beyond saying that cause I don't want to get into the gray area between general discussion and politics.  But, I am truely beginning to think that, even if speed was involved, it wasn't the deciding factor in their death.  I am really starting to think the nature of Carerra GTs and the condition of this one in particular was a factor.  After six owners in eight years and a possible bad power steering pump or whatever has been mentioned, there has to be some reason this car never found a real "home".