#21 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

still..... nothing!! anyone building? post them up!! if i cant build one myself, i wanna see what you guys come up with!!

#22 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

still..... nothing!! anyone building? post them up!! if i cant build one myself, i wanna see what you guys come up with!!

Before you buy one Al, take a good look at them. I just noticed on a finished build the other day that the front end is very short and stubby looking. Look at the leading edge of the front fender well and the leading edge of the front fender. You'll see what I'm talking about. You may need the front portion of the AAR 'Cuda to get it to look right. 

#23 Hard_2_Handle_454

Hard_2_Handle_454

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Full Name:Eric David Lucas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

I'd be in on it.  It was one of the first models I wanted to build once I got settled into my new place.  I was thinking of getting an AAR kit too and making a 340 version with that spare hood.  I needed some new AAR stripes anyway, I wanted to repaint the one I already had.

#24 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

excellent, some movement on this. I see other builds going on, but I guess they do not want to post up twice.

#25 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

Before you buy one Al, take a good look at them. I just noticed on a finished build the other day that the front end is very short and stubby looking. Look at the leading edge of the front fender well and the leading edge of the front fender. You'll see what I'm talking about. You may need the front portion of the AAR 'Cuda to get it to look right. 

thanks Roger, do you think some of these things will be corrected down the road? I also heard that the rear drivers side body line rolls up with the wheel lip. hey, I guess it's still a 70 cuda! beats paying $200+ for one.

#26 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

I'll be building my kit as my Cannonball racer. So if no one minds I'll be posting in both threads.

#27 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

sounds great to me. I am heading to a swap meet tomorrow and hopefully will be picking mine up there.

#28 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

finally!! went to a show over the weekend and picked up a hemi cuda kit!! if the gentleman selling them would have had 2, I wouldn't be in this dilemma on how to build it. I know everyone has their opinions on the body and I see their point, but I think the overall quality of the kit is excellent. so, on top of the 4 projects I have on the bench that I said I would finish by the end of February, (HAHA, I crack me up sometimes) I think I have to make room for this build. here is the dilemma, do I build it like this..

Attached File  2005BJCCA2_725_1_34.jpg   134.41KB   0 downloads

or like this.....

Attached File  _IMG_6530.jpg   67.15KB   0 downloads

for the first one, I think I am swaying towards stock.... no race...... stock, yes, race all the way.....

Edited by tubbs, 20 January 2014 - 06:52 AM.