2 replies to this topic

#1 kustombuilder1

kustombuilder1

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:58 PM

Howdy folks. Thought I'd introduce myself by showing my only large scale project, the Monogram 1/8 IROC-Z.

I started her in Oct. 1986, and I still don't consider it finished. :lol: I'm always finding something to do to it.

It's painted with Dupont Centari 99A Acrylic Enamel. I weathered somethings to reflect actual daily driver use, like the tread wear on the tires, and other things have weathered themselves with her shear 21 years of age. I helped things along a little by adding some paint swirls like you'd find on a black car with older paint. This was pretty easy to do, I just didn't do an extra fine polish job the last few times. About once a year, she gets a real soap and water bath. The only thing I have to be careful of here is the decal in the instrument panel for the gauges.

She's held up pretty well over the years. I plan on having her till the day my maker calls me home. Thanks for looking, and have a gerat day!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 old-hermit

old-hermit

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Full Name:in signature line where it's supposed to be

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:23 AM

She's pretty hot for a lady her age, heh heh heh.

#3 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Full Name:Ismael E. Gonzalez-Valentin

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:18 AM

Very cool! I built the same model in the same colors back in the day! There are still parts of it laying around somewhere.....

Thanks,