#21 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

One thing to bear in mind when building a model is what kind of engine it has and what kind of racing it would actually do. If you go beyond building for a 'look' and not caring about how things work, just remember that injector stacks are tuned to a particular rev range on a particular engine, and show up in the real world in any length imaginable.

Short stacks will usually be on an engine that winds tight and makes its peak power at high RPM, like the small-displacement Cosworth Ford V8. Longer stacks help low-end torque, so you'll tend to see them more on drag-racing engines that need grunt off the line. BUT...that's not always true. Just do a google image search for "hilborn injection".

You might also notice that some racing engines use staggered stacks, to broaden the torque curve.

1176244071_8410.f_magi_grs.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 21 December 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#22 JDS Racing

JDS Racing

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Cardoza

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Well only made 4 prototypes to see how they look, There was a lot of opps... on other looks. But I like the way these came out. Now is for 1/24and 1/25 scale.

Here are a couple more pic's

Attached Files

#23 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Finding decent short stacks for high revving motors (especially of the road-racing variety) is the problem if you use auto modeling after market pieces.

#24 JDS Racing

JDS Racing

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Cardoza

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Now here is a six cylinder I'm working on, I used the top flare of the stacks. I made the manifold as well....

Attached Files