#21 38 Crush

38 Crush

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Full Name:Harold

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Anyone know where I might get an AMC straight 6, either from a kit or resin that would fit in the daisy duke CJ5 Jeep. Sorry, building a replica :unsure:

#22 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

1978 AMC Pacer X kit, re-issued in September.

#23 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Full Name:John Pol

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Perry resin use to do them not sure about now you do the odd time find them on ebay also

#24 Force

Force

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Full Name:Håkan Persson

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Except for the kits allready mentioned the MPC/AMT '69 Olds chassis also works under the '70 Jo-Han Olds 442.

The AMT '68 Roadrunner/'69 GTX/'70 Coronet chassis works under the Jo-Han '69 Road Runner and '70 Superbird...and all other B and E-bodies in 1:25th scale with slight modifications.

The Lindberg '64 Dodge and Plymouth chassis works under the Jo-Han '62-'63 Plymouths and Dodges if you modify them slightly.

The AMT '60 Starliner chassis and floor pan works under the less detailed AMT '63½ and '64 Galaxies and Mercurys with some trimming.

The AMT '67 Mustang and Shelby chassis works under the less detailed AMT '68 Shelby and other Mustangs...and Falcons as the Mustang is related chassis wise to The Falcon...and the AMT '64 Mercury Comet Caliente as the Comet also are based on a modified Falcon chassis.

The '62-65 Fairlane doesn't share chassis with any other car so it's not correct under a '64 Comet Caliente but it works if you're not that picky.
The '66 Fairlane chassis looks to be very close to Torino so it might work as a donator. 

Edited by Force, 25 December 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#25 BKcustoms

BKcustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Kaune

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

Revell's 65 Mustang chassis and engine bay is almost a direct fit into AMT's 69 Cougar.

#26 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • Full Name:^^^^

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

Anyone know where I might get an AMC straight 6, either from a kit or resin that would fit in the daisy duke CJ5 Jeep. Sorry, building a replica :unsure:

1978 AMC Pacer X kit, re-issued in September.

^What he said. It's a really nice engine too- better than the rest of the kit, IMHO.

#27 38 Crush

38 Crush

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Full Name:Harold

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks guys, picked a Pacer X  up today. I have to build a replica of an engine I've never seen !! Geeze I love modeling !!Anybody know what color they are or were? :unsure:

#28 mgruenwald

mgruenwald

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Full Name:Michael F.Gruenwald

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

Sorry double post. At any rate someone posted that the 67 chevelle chassis would fit under an AMT 55 chevy post like it was made for it. I don't see an AMT 55 chevy post on tower's website. Would this chassis work under any of the tri five chevys including the nomads from all the manufacturers? Thank you.

#29 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

Sorry double post. At any rate someone posted that the 67 chevelle chassis would fit under an AMT 55 chevy post like it was made for it. I don't see an AMT 55 chevy post on tower's website. Would this chassis work under any of the tri five chevys including the nomads from all the manufacturers? Thank you.

I know the Pro Street Chevelle from Revell fits under the AMT 57 Chevy pretty danged good. I put one under mine with little to no trimming at all.

#30 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

It should work. I don't know if it would work under a Nomad. I think the Nomad has a little longer wheelbase. There's three AMT '55s on Spotlight's site for $23 if you really want an AMT '55. I'm sure you can find them cheaper on ebay though.  

#31 afx

afx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Full Name:JC Reckner

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Done the Polar Lights stock car chassis under the MPC Mercury Cyclone. Here are the results.

Attached Files

#32 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

JUst for your info on the 1968 Road Runner chassis. Chrysler used that chassis on every B-body Plymouth and Dodge from 1962 - 1974.

#33 thatz4u

thatz4u

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Full Name:Al Rich

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Drag slicks from Revell 57 Ford fit Jo han Pinto funny car wheels   B)

#34 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:38 AM

revel pro stock fire bird fit under the amt chevelle71/72