Jump to content


Problems with Tamiya R/C


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 DPink

DPink

    MCM Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Location:U.S.A.
  • Full Name:Daniel Pink

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

I recently got a Tamiya Datsun 240Z rally car kit with the TT-O1E shaft driven chassis. In the process of putting together the front differential cover (A9), the two screws (MA1) that go into the top of the diff. Cover would not go in all the way. I took the screws (MA1) out and noticed that the holes were stripped. I made sure I had used the screws that were listed in the instructions, but it seemed they were not the right screws. Has anyone had or heard of this happening

Edited by DPink, 27 December 2013 - 01:04 PM.


#2 DPink

DPink

    MCM Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Location:U.S.A.
  • Full Name:Daniel Pink

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Found out what was wrong with it. I went to the LHS and was told the screws were too long.