#61 The Creative Explorer

The Creative Explorer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Full Name:Erik

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

American cars go through design cycles, rather than phases.  Some models undergo more changes than other in regards to mid-cycle "refreshing", but I appreciate the information.  By "model years" I just meant that I presume the EBBRO kit will be marketed as a 19xx 4L, and the Heller as a 19xx 4L, but the model years will of course be different to represent those different phases you're speaking about.

That's just the thing, 'we' don't market cars with modelyears, only the Americans do. We market them as a pre or facelift model. If we do add year to it, it is the construction date, to determine the age of the car, rather than the US-way of a modelyear.

I owned a Renault Clio II phase 1, a Renault 5 GTTurbo phase 1, A Megane coupe phase 2 and own a Renault 5 GTTurbo phase 2 and a Megane II.

My GTTurbo is a phase 2 and can be anywhere from 1987 up to 1991, my Megane II is a phase 1 and can be anywhere from 2003 up to 2006.

It is a culture thing, when pinpointing a European or Asian car, an American has to let go of the modelyears, as they are not used as such.

@Geoff, I know what you meant, and looking at the picture again, it lookes like it also could be a R4 phase 4, in which case the term much earlier can be applied, sorry.

I was referring to the original R3/R4, which has a significant different hood/grille.

#62 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Just had an email back from Manami Masuno from Ebbro, and have the following rlease dates :-

Open top type will be released in May.

Forggonett type will be released in July.

And Normal type will be released in September

#63 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

What about Plein Air?

Renault-4-Sinpar-4x4-Torpedo-Plein-Air.j

I guess it'll be

238-2.jpg

time again.

#64 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

Soooo....

We are getting 4 4L kits? Three from Ebbro and one from Heller? Who would have...

#65 1959scudetto

1959scudetto

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Helmut Müllner

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

For a first series Renault 4 (1961-1967) there is still the diecast option:

Attached Files