Model Cars Magazine Forum

"NEW" Glidden Thunderbird decal

I hate to be a spoiler but the re-issued Glidden Pro Stock Ford Thunderbird Revell is doing is too new for this paint scheme.

This decal is for the first Pro Stock Thunderbird Bob had in the 1983 season, before the Chief Autoparts/7-Eleven cars from 1984-85 (wich Monogram did) and the Chief Autoparts car from 1986 wich he rolled and crashed at the NHRA Southern Nationals 1986 (never done in model as far as I know).

The car Revell is re-issuing now is the 1987-88 Motorcraft car, the Ford Tunderbird had some body revisions for 1987, a new nose piece with with no grille and different headlights and rear panel with new tail lights, Bob only had the red and white Motorcraft paint scheme on that car and ran this body style for only two seasons, and for the 1989 season he changed to a Ford Probe.

But if you go ahead and do this decal it will fit the earlier 1984-86 Bob Glidden/Rickie Smith/Butch Leal issues of the Pro Stock Thunderbird (they also did a Pro Street version with the 83-86 body), and I for one would consider buying this decal as I think it looks nicer than the Chief Autoparts/7-Eleven scheme.

Edited by Force

I actually have the earlier style Thunderbird pro-stock body in my stash along with the re-issued kit and would be interested in these decals! I think the older body fits the reissued chassis; haven't checked yet.

It will. They're the exact same chassis. Having a few of the older P/S Thunderbirds in the stash, I would be interested in those decals too.

I thought I heard they were going to be doing the older T-Bird also , I could be mistaken but I'm still go ahead with the decal for all of you guys and myself. I have an old cady sheet and it wasn't close enough so thats why I did this one

thanks guys

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...