'40 Ford pickup, glue bomb restoration.
Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:50 AM
This one was in the box for a buck at a local second hand store. The cab and one door were missing, and the rest was held together with more than an ample amount of glue. Fact is, I couldn't even disassemble most of it! I replaced the broken front axle with a lowered one from the '64 Chevy pickup kit. I found an original issue cab in my junk boxes, it had the left door glued into it, so I just left it and glued the replacement door on. I made skirts from styrene sheet. The wheels and tires are also from the Revell '64 Chevy pickup kit.
I painted it with Krylon purple from a bomb can.
Plans are to add some scallops or something like that. I might go with some different wheels or wheel covers.
Thought I'd post this as a way to try out the picture posting features of this site.
Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:57 PM
Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:14 PM
Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:36 AM