#21 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

Heading over to the Gooding & Co auction this afternoon then Barrett-Jackson this evening...should be fun.

#22 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Mecum Kissimmee is on TV, too. Started today on the Esquire Channel, then NBCSports next Friday and then brodcast NBC on the 26th. 

Barrett-Jackson is live on broadcast Fox tomorrow at 3:00 ET.  Who would have ever thought that car auctions would be shown live on regular broadcast TV? 

#23 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,967 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Barrett-Jackson is live on broadcast Fox tomorrow at 3:00 ET.  Who would have ever thought that car auctions would be shown live on regular broadcast TV? 

Its all about the money

#24 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Spent most of this evening in the main hall at B-J..they've expanded the indoor exhibit space since last year.   Going back tomorrow to see the cars outside.   The Gooding & Company auction (also in Scottsdale) this afternoon was really incredible as far as the classic European cars--vintage Ferraris, Fiats, Mercedes, Lancias, a Facel Vega, BMW M1, etc...

In the Ford exhibit at the entrance I saw a '15 Mustang GT, looked very sharp in person..also saw the new '14 CTS, Camaro Z-28, Corvette Stingray and Silverado in the GM exhibit.

#25 ChrisBcritter

ChrisBcritter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Brame

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

Rob, when you go back tomorrow, can you find out what the AMF/Wen-Mac Mustang, lot 5420, sold for? The B-J website has lost the info.

Lot 5424, the Delco shock demonstrator with the two '63 Chevy promos, sold for $575.00.

#26 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

Unfortunately it is up to each station to decide . . .  the local Fox affiliate here in Tampa decided to run infomercials instead of the auction ! :angry:

#27 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

Rob, when you go back tomorrow, can you find out what the AMF/Wen-Mac Mustang, lot 5420, sold for? The B-J website has lost the info.

Lot 5424, the Delco shock demonstrator with the two '63 Chevy promos, sold for $575.00.

Saw it from distance in a display case yesterday, don't know what it went for.  Staying home today to watch the NFL playoffs.

Went back yesterday to see the cars outside and watch some of the auction..a highlight of the day for me was standing in front of the 1998 Ferrari F1 car outside and hearing it start up...

Edited by Rob Hall, 19 January 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#28 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

I took a few pics on Friday and Saturday...Friday's are at Gooding & Company and Barrett-Jackson, Saturday's are at B-J..

http://public.fotki....-auctions-2014/

#29 Speedfreak

Speedfreak

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Full Name:Gene Ahart

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he saw a '66 Barracuda factory prepped drag car with a 426ci hemi in it on Barrett-Jackson. I didn't think that the factory (Plymouth/Dodge) put 426's in any A-bodies until '68? Does anyone know? Seems like an incredible feat fitting that engine in a first generation A-body.

Thanks.

Edited by Speedfreak, 19 January 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#30 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he saw a '66 Barracuda factory prepped drag car with a 426ci hemi in it on Barrett-Jackson. I didn't think that the factory (Plymouth/Dodge) put 426's in any A-bodies until '68? Does anyone know? Seems like an incredible feat fitting that engine in a first generation A-body.

Thanks.

Hmm... I saw the Sox & Martin '68 Hemi Barracuda, don't recall seeing a '66 there.

Edit: checked the catalog, there was no '66 Hemi Barracuda listed..he probably is thinking of the '68 Sox & Martin Barracuda..

http://www.barrett-j...ln=5017&aid=525

Edited by Rob Hall, 19 January 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#31 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Looks like it sold for $920.

http://www.barrett-j...20&aid=525&it=3

#32 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

I've been watching the live Mecum auction in Kissimee on Esquire TV at the same time. While it doesn't have the same number of top-level cars as B-J, the prices seem more down-to-earth -- but there are too many unsold cars with price reserves, and the announcers don't seem to be paying a lot of attention to what's on the block.

Edited by sjordan2, 19 January 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#33 mrindy77

mrindy77

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Full Name:Cal Wood

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

I'm restoring a 1968 Triumph Daytona motorcycle at the same shop where the Shelby King Cobra was restored. I work at the shop on Saturdays...it was pretty cool to see the progress each week during the process. Impressive to be working alongside a 1.6 million dollar car.

Attached Files

Edited by mrindy77, 08 February 2014 - 06:57 PM.