Model Cars Magazine Forum

With the 8th annual 24 hour build just a short time away I thought now would be a good time to share this with all of you. This was done two years ago at the 6th annual 24 hour build. Pictures of that 24 hour build can be seen at Gary Kulchock's Fotki album.

I had this kit as a kid and of course I did not do the best job building it. I still have most of the kit parts in a baggie. I was able to find an original sealed kit and snatched it up. The kit I used for the 24 hour build was the re-pop of this kit. I knew I wanted to add a little bit of detail to this kit so I made a few things and added them after the 24 hour build. I had trouble with the decals and decided to leave them off. Please note that the paint is straight out of a Tamiya rattle can and has not been touched. I was very pleased with it to say the least!

The kit.

ShakerTrike25-vi.jpg

I made the key and key ring from scratch. It took a couple of attempts. The decals were from the spares box.

ShakerTrike7-vi.jpg

ShakerTrike10-vi.jpg

ShakerTrike11-vi.jpg

The following pic is of the pieces that will make the brake peddle and bracket.

ShakerTrike3-vi.jpg

ShakerTrike12-vi.jpg

ShakerTrike13-vi.jpg

You left out the part about what an entertaining joy it was to put on those exhaust tips...or maybe it was only entertaining to the people watching :lol:

Hahaha....yeah, I tried to block out that painful memory James. Gee thanks, now it is back to rehab for me.... :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...