I'm tagging this one so I can follow along.
Revell AG VW Beetle
Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:41 AM
Great paint job, really shining! What paint do you use?
I usually use cellulose lacquer, but this one I used automotive acrylic lacquer
Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:23 PM
Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:42 PM
Paint looks great! I believe the VW color was Clementine Orange.
That was a slightly earlier colour, (1970-71) Brilliant orange came out in 1972, which was the last year of the 1200A using the old body and torsion bar suspension
Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:23 AM
Got to thinking how I was going to do the chrome hubcap on the Beetle wheel, mask off and airbrush it using Alclad ? a bit long winded, in the end I settled on the BMF, Just another three to do .....
Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:31 PM
Not with this one, but it's something I'm thinking about when I do the Cabriolet version .....
Sucks, they went through the trouble of molding the trunk separately, and gave up lol. This is coming along great!!
Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:47 AM
Excellent work Geoff. I always enjoy following your builds.
Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:34 AM
Another great project Geoff. I am sure this will be in the same league as your recent Mini.
I wasn't sure about the Revell kit (already having a Tamiya one on the shelf - waiting for me to get round to it), but your detailed pics make me think it's definitely worth picking up.
Keep up the good work!
Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:14 AM
I used what was left of a giftcard and picked this up at my LHS. Looks fantastic. havn't started, got alot already cooking. The only things that looks iffy to me, is the transmission looks too blocky, and I don't care for how they did the front beam. It's cool that they give you a bamboo tray and flower vase. This definitely rivals the Tamiya kit, although that is an earlier car.
Judging from the extra parts, there is definitely a police version overseas, or in the works.
Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:19 PM
Not a lot to report on this, got all the wheels finished and got the body and body parts wet sanded and polished out, using the automotive acrylic paint certainly cut down the polishing time compaired to the cellulose lacquer I usually use.
The front seats have a seperate back to them, after a coat of grey primer I really wasn't happy with the join line, so they got a coat of bondo to fill in the gaps, re-primed and a couple of coats of satin black,
Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:37 PM
Geoff, i always enjoy and follow your builds.
Thank you .....